Web Board Traffic

Where in the state? I love the pacific NW. I was at banjo camp (don't laugh) up by Port Townsend last fall in the same area where Officer and Gentlemen was filmed. What a beautiful part of the state. Good oysters too!!!

Seattle area

... I was at banjo camp (don't laugh) ...

What? Banjo is cool. I like banjo ('specially if there's a fiddle, mouth organ and washboard in the mix.) :yes:

It's Bush's fault banjo gets put down.

Last edited:
What? Banjo is cool. I like banjo ('specially if there's a fiddle, mouth organ and washboard in the mix.) :yes:

It's Bush's fault banjo gets put down.

I like Bela Fleck's banjo jazz a la The Flecktones. Good stuff.

Yep, I like that as well. I have been learning old time style (clawhammer, frailing, etc).

The camp was really good, two and a half days of playing and with some of the top names in the banjo community. I will be attending another one in June at MSU in Lansing, MI.

Here are some pics of my banjos and camp.

Last edited:
Pretty lively for a dead post!
Anyone who thinks the dead can't come back to life...has never been here around quitting time.:)
ApacheBob

OK, where in the "Seattle area"? Local minds want to know. :D
Lake Stevens. I have a highschool friend that moved up here so I'm hanging out with her for spring break. Oh and anyone that tries snowboarding the first time, your muscles will hurt the next day...and its not that easy to learn. I was starting to get okay at turning but stopping is hard and getting up on the board on a hill is hard.

Attachments

• IMG_1171.jpg
    IMG_1171.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Lake Stevens. I have a highschool friend that moved up here so I'm hanging out with her for spring break. Oh and anyone that tries snowboarding the first time, your muscles will hurt the next day...and its not that easy to learn. I was starting to get okay at turning but stopping is hard and getting up on the board on a hill is hard.
That tends to happen after numerous faceplants ;)

"If skiing were easy it would be called 'snowboarding'."

Oh and anyone that tries snowboarding the first time, your muscles will hurt the next day...and its not that easy to learn. I was starting to get okay at turning but stopping is hard and getting up on the board on a hill is hard.

Snowboarding is actually pretty easy to learn. It is a quick learning curve, after 5 days on a board, you should be good for most blue slopes.

That first day or two, though, is painful. I love catching a downhill edge, getting bodyslammed, and feeling that full body pain. Not.

Back