Weather Watch Thread: 6Y9 Fly-In 2011

6Y9 is VFR at this time. Scattered layer at least 2,000'. Tim just took off for a scenic tour of the UP

leaving green bay, eta approx 7:30 eastern time. Grant brought beer for the group; can someone assist with obtaining ice?

Hmm WX looks doable. I should be wheels up around 21:30 or 22:00 Zulu

N271G will be there before dark :)

Looks like at least Pete made it up today, and I'm guessing Jesse, Dani, and David from their FlightAware track.

Pretty solid area of precip across SE upper this morning... chances for convective over most of lower increasing this afternoon... then lake effect clouds/precip with northerly flow off of Lake Superior starting tomorrow through Monday. It would be hard to get there even IFR this morning, and without IFR capability I'd likely be stuck there for the rest of the weekend anyway.

It's a no go for me. :(

Pretty solid area of precip across SE upper this morning... chances for convective over most of lower increasing this afternoon... then lake effect clouds/precip with northerly flow off of Lake Superior starting tomorrow through Monday. It would be hard to get there even IFR this morning, and without IFR capability I'd likely be stuck there for the rest of the weekend anyway.

It's a no go for me. :(

Argh!! Me too. :sad:

Come to Pennsylvania! We're off riding. :)

Beeee-yooper-tiful weather here now.

The nasty stuff has moved east out over Lake Huron. TVC is still IFR and there are patches of light precip, but nothing convective NW of about HTL, and only isolated cells between here and there. If I was instrument rated I'd be launching right about now. <sigh>

By next year for sure. :yes:

Back