I noticed my water bill was a little bigger than I expected, three months in a row. I checked the meter and I was losing around 3gph. I checked all faucets and toilets and nothing obvious. I called a leak detection company and they found a leak under the slab where the water main goes in the house. They can only find 1 leak at a time. I called a plumber and he had to bust the concrete below the slab and reach in to fix a PVC leak. He then cemented the hole back up. Cost so far: $325 for the leak detector and $460 for the plumber. I still had a leak of about 1.5 gph. Plumber came back out for free to check his work. Looked good, so I had the leak detector come back out. He found another leak in the supply line outside the house. Then the plumber comes and fixes that. Another $750 for a running total of $1,535. According to my meter, I am still losing about .09 gph (or 21.6 gal per day). The leak detector is coming back out tomorrow, but I'm wondering if 22 gallons per day is worth spending another $750 or more. I'm thinking is is something I need to do since its the damage that is most worrying and not just the cost of the water. I'm open to suggestions, but mostly I'm just venting.