Was thinking about a Bose A20 Headset

wilkersk

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
KennyW
And, ....I bought it!

Dang, I'm in trouble now. I've known about 'em. Seen others with them. But, never felt compelled to buy a pair till now.

My buddy had me over to un-"fix" the intercom wiring in his personal airplane. And, I got to see his A20 in action, with Bluetooth. And, now I have to have one.

Not sure if I can wear it in the Sonerai, without it rubbing on the canopy (I've been using the Clarity Aloft). But, at least I'll have it for flying the more civilized airplanes.

I have a set in the 10 as well. Pilot side has a LEMO connection which is cool, however I get some alternator whining though which is probably something I did wrong on the wiring.

Of all the things I've bought, a good quality headset should have been the first. (A 20, Zulu). Makes a world of difference in enjoying flying. You'll going to love your new headset. Congrats!!! (But now you'll have to buy a second pair for your spouse/sig other)

After decades with David Clarks, I recently bought an A20. It comes with the breathtaking price that Bose is generally known for and I can’t necessarily say that it’s worth $1000, but I can certainly say that it’s an absolutely outstanding headset.

Whatever works for each of us. For me, the David Clark vs Zulu is night and day

Congrats! They're a fantastic headset. Even after a full day of flying my head and ears are comfortable

They're the best, hands down. Unfortunately, from now on, every other headset will be a disappointment.

My current headset "collection":

2 Bose A20s
1 Bose QC25 w/ uFlyMike
1 Bose QC15 w/ uFlyMike
1 Lightspeed Zulu 2

As I'm now teaching my daughter to fly, she has inherited the Zulu 2s. It's still a very nice headset.

Back