Wading In...Finally

Bulldog573

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Mike
I’ve been lurking for months, posted once, and it’s time I said hi...and thanks.

I’m very recently certificated as a Private Pilot, a process that took many years for a variety of reasons. The last few months I’ve been reading this forum, searching for advice, and enjoying your insights and opinions very much. You fixed my landings without knowing it, gave me some encouragement along the way, and most of all you’ve been a group that lets me experience the aviation world when the weather’s too dicey or work hours are too long to actually go fly.

Today I did my first single-pilot flight since certification. Seems like I’ve had somebody in the right seat forever, between checkride prep, the checkride, insurance checkouts for rentals, etc. I admit I had some trepidation and I probably waited a little too long because of that. There’s nobody holding your hand or telling you what to do and honestly, I think it was a bigger step than my first cross-country solo as a student :). But it’s all good now, I feel like I’ve grown up a little (odd for an old guy), and it’s time to join the conversation.

Thanks for being part of my aviation experience and for letting me be a part of this!

Now you really start learning how to fly! Congrats!

I remember my fist post PPL flight...was still at the flight school but took up a buddy and said ..."wait...I can go wherever the heck I want now!"

So we overflew Disneyworld!

Well done. Hope you have many enjoyable flights in your future.

As a recently certified old (er) guy I know what you mean. I started flying in High School (1975)...no I didn't have to hand prop...and finally got my ticket in May.

Flying yourself, and non-aviation passengers, is a great accomplishment. Its also an awesome responsibility. Keep learning, stay safe, and CONGRATULATIONS!!

WOW!!! Something good came out of this group...:yikes:

Seriously, Congratulation and welcome...:cheers: Glad we could be of service...:thumbsup:

I’ve been lurking for months, posted once, and it’s time I said hi...and thanks.

I’m very recently certificated as a Private Pilot, a process that took many years for a variety of reasons. The last few months I’ve been reading this forum, searching for advice, and enjoying your insights and opinions very much. You fixed my landings without knowing it, gave me some encouragement along the way, and most of all you’ve been a group that lets me experience the aviation world when the weather’s too dicey or work hours are too long to actually go fly.

Today I did my first single-pilot flight since certification. Seems like I’ve had somebody in the right seat forever, between checkride prep, the checkride, insurance checkouts for rentals, etc. I admit I had some trepidation and I probably waited a little too long because of that. There’s nobody holding your hand or telling you what to do and honestly, I think it was a bigger step than my first cross-country solo as a student :). But it’s all good now, I feel like I’ve grown up a little (odd for an old guy), and it’s time to join the conversation.

Thanks for being part of my aviation experience and for letting me be a part of this!
Welcome to POA and Congrats!!! Happy to have you here!

Hi! I think I know the answer to this but you're not bulldog from north jersey, are u?

Back