Waas subscriptions

The T layout of a new LPV approach is easier to fly than an ILS (not that either is hard) and the ability to have the layout consistent from approach to approach because land based navaids aren't in the mix is the main reason why...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't generally get vectors to a gps waas approach?

You don't generally get vectors to a gps waas approach?

Generally only to the IAF which is one or the other end of the T. And you don't need the vector as you're RNAV anyway. It's not like the IlS vector 30deg angle, join the localizer, cleared ils blah blah...

Generally only to the IAF which is one or the other end of the T. And you don't need the vector as you're RNAV anyway. It's not like the IlS vector 30deg angle, join the localizer, cleared ils blah blah...

We are rnp certified, but I don't believe that's waas. About 1/2 the time we just get cleared as published, even at large airports (KDEN for example).
Funny thing is there are also nicely published feeders for the ILS but we never, ever, ever get those.
I won't try to figure out the logic....

Yeah the true RNAV LPV approach is really nice. But for now I suspect they are mostly in GA land, whereas airliners are all being vectored to localizers and the ILS.

Back