VFR turned MVFR turned IMC

Pretty much the traffic pattern on departure. :) I knew it may deteriorate and was flexible. I have full de-ice but didn't want to get stuck anywhere with hard IMC and temps hovering around freezing. Is winter over yet??
Tim sed six more weeks of winter. We really haven't had winter here in Denver. A few bad days but mostly sunny.

Good video...Thanks for sharing. I belive the Cirrus jet has no parachute. I flys higher and glides well.

Good video...Thanks for sharing. I belive the Cirrus jet has no parachute. I flys higher and glides well.
Thank you!

Check this video at 1:40. It shows how to spend 2 million with the flick of a wrist. :)

Made it through the whole thing. Good video. The two views you have are fine. Also subscribed. Looking forward to more. This is just a personal preference, not anything wrong, but I know in a lot of videos like Steveo1kinevo, P1D, etc, you can hear the drone of the engines quietly in the background, as opposed to when neither of you were talking and the mic wasn't open it was complete silence. Not sure how that's done. But like I said, just a personal preference.

I couldn't remember who the Dawg fan was after we talked about it awhile back. I was gonna mention to you the heartbreak of the NC game. Don't know if you're a Falcons' fan too, but that was tough to take 11 months apart.

Yeah, she is a controller. Loves to talk while we fly and I like her to as well. Makes if fun for both of us. You can hear when she gets mad at me for taking the mic a couple times. Old habits are hard to break.

She's my fiancee. Pretty, fun, loves to fly, has a good job = I'm a lucky dude.

I'll bet she wouldn't have made the rookie mistake of saying "have uhhh... the ATIS" instead of "have information Uniform". :D

Made it through the whole thing. Good video. The two views you have are fine. Also subscribed. Looking forward to more. This is just a personal preference, not anything wrong, but I know in a lot of videos like Steveo1kinevo, P1D, etc, you can hear the drone of the engines quietly in the background, as opposed to when neither of you were talking and the mic wasn't open it was complete silence. Not sure how that's done. But like I said, just a personal preference.

I couldn't remember who the Dawg fan was after we talked about it awhile back. I was gonna mention to you the heartbreak of the NC game. Don't know if you're a Falcons' fan too, but that was tough to take 11 months apart.
Thanks Brian! I'm glad you brought up the part about the engine drone in the background. I like it and was curious if others do as well. By the time I thought of it I already published the video and didn't want to redo it. I will add it to the next one and see how it is.

That was a tough NC game. We had Hurts and Saban down for the count. Not one expert on ESPN or anywhere leading up to the game mentioned if Hurts was struggling that they would put this rookie from Hawaii in and he'd play like Joe Montana. That hurt. There were some bad calls from the Big 10 refs as well. Oh well, I'm liking where our program is heading over the next few years. We'll be back!

The Falcons have been frustrating the last 11 months. We should have never played conservative with the big lead in the Super Bowl. We should have stayed aggressive. I'm not a fan of our current offensive coordinator. During the last playoff game...Julio makes that catch 99 times out of 100. Really bad time for the 1% not making it.

Last edited:
I'll bet she wouldn't have made the rookie mistake of saying "have uhhh... the ATIS" instead of "have information Uniform". :D
I think you're right! I was upset at myself as soon as it came out of my mouth. I'll just have her do all the radio's next time.

I wondered why the co-pilot kept holding her mike when she was speaking.

I wondered why the co-pilot kept holding her mike when she was speaking.
She's still getting use to the aviation mics work best when lightly touching the lips thing. She's also getting use to the new Halo's. She loves not having the clamps on her head. I'll straighten her out.

She's still getting use to the aviation mics work best when lightly touching the lips thing. She's also getting use to the new Halo's. She loves not having the clamps on her head. I'll straighten her out.

Yeah, I could see they were Halos. I use them too, the mic has a tendency to fall out of place. I do what she was doing too but not quite as much. Just the nature of that headset.

Terrific video. Keep them coming. It made me happy to hear your ATC co-pilot/fiance said things like "with you at 3,300" and "looking for traffic." I thought these faux pas drove controllers mad? I'll feel a lot less guilty the next time I utter "with you."

Terrific video. Keep them coming. It made me happy to hear your ATC co-pilot/fiance said things like "with you at 3,300" and "looking for traffic." I thought these faux pas drove controllers mad? I'll feel a lot less guilty the next time I utter "with you."
It's one of those debatable subjects. I tend to negate the 'with you' and just state my tail number followed by my altitude (ie., "Memphis Center, Skyhawk 123, 5,500'") and leave it at that. Not really an issue either way, IMO.

I've never heard of "looking for traffic" as a faux pas, though the standard phraseology is "negative contact". I've heard pilots complain about "with you" but never controllers, and if it's a faux pas it has to be one of the most harmless.

As opposed to, say, ATITAPA. :cool:

Thanks! Yeah, I have lots and lots of hours being around controllers and I've never heard any of them have a problem with those phrases. It's only pilots that debate it.

As opposed to, say, ATITAPA. :cool:
I screwed up. My original plan was to say that for the first time in over 1500 hours of flying when I called the 06C CTAF for POA humor but I forgot. Failure

Thanks! Yeah, I have lots and lots of hours being around controllers and I've never heard any of them have a problem with those phrases. It's only pilots that debate it.

There were some controllers on Avsig, years ago, who described "with you" as being like fingernails on a chalk board, but it sounds like that's not the current feeling.

I'll add a vote for "I like long aviation videos" I don't mind it being 40 minutes.

Laughed when the Coors Light showed up. But that’s a problem. You need to convince the fiancée to drink better beer.
Should have added that to her positives list. She's good with cheap beer. I figured a Colorado guy like yourself would be good with Coors. :cheerswine:

Should have added that to her positives list. She's good with cheap beer. I figured a Colorado guy like yourself would be good with Coors. :cheerswine:

Most Coloradans won’t touch the stuff. :)

Back when it was not widely distributed decades ago, military folks like my dad would ship some back east with their stuff anytime something was being moved and trade it to people who wanted it at about a 3:1 ratio. Grandpa wrapped a case of the stuff in one of dad’s sleeping bags and shipped it to him in Norfolk once. Dad got three cases of something.

Probably PBR back then, long before it was a hipster beer. Heh.

If I’m drinking cheap beer, it’s Miller Light. Haha.

Back in the late 60s we had guys who went out to Lowry AFB for sport tournaments. They'd take orders for Coors and haul it back.

Last edited:
Most Coloradans won’t touch the stuff. :)

Back when it was not widely distributed decades ago, military folks like my dad would ship some back east with their stuff anytime something was being moved and trade it to people who wanted it at about a 3:1 ratio. Grandpa wrapped a case of the stuff in one of dad’s sleeping bags and shipped it to him in Norfolk once. Dad got three cases of something.

If I’m drinking cheap beer, it’s Miller Light. Haha.
Busch Light is cheaper...

Hipster beer?! So that mean I'm hip or something (fire away lol)? My Squadron Commander was the hipster, Ole Milwaukee tall boys. Got in his car one time and saw about a dozen empty beer cans. Said "Sir you better get that shet outa the car before you go on base"! ****ing Colonel too, but he was cool. Talked like Bear Bryant.

Coors is cheap beer? I grew up on Coors and it still has a special place in my heart. Animal beer, now that's cheap beer...

Back