Vestal White in a spray can??

N2124v

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
N2124V
Anyone have a source for touch up paint in a spray can? I've got a couple of areas that could use a little touch up.

Thanks,
Wade

Some large paint supply stores can mix what ever color you want and put it in spray cans.

I was able to match my paint,at an auto parts store.

Duplicolor already makes all the color codes mixed and in a nice small can for touch up at a quarter of the price. I have never found the need to have a color match done at a paint shop.

Anyone have a source for touch up paint in a spray can? I've got a couple of areas that could use a little touch up.

Thanks,
Wade

Look for "appliance white" at Wal-Mart or something. I thought it was a rustoleum product I bought. No one could see the difference.

Which duplicator is a good match for vestal white?

Which DupliColor code is Vestal white? Does anyone know? Thank you

Whoops. Just was searching and type this thread showed up. Sorry

I think people make a bigger deal out of it than it is. If it fits in an old thread, why NOT resurrect it?

I hope this doesn't turn into a propeller paint thread. I'd feel bad.

Which duplicator is a good match for vestal white?

I can't answer that question but I might suggest taking one of your inspection panels off the plane and to the auto parts store (with a paint room) or a specialized auto body supply store for them to match. If the store has a competent crew, which is a "big if" these days, they'll either guide you to the correct Duplicolor match or they'll custom mix some for you. The colors on my plane are all custom and the local NAPA will mix a custom color of Nason and put it in a rattle can for a bit over $10...that's about as economical as the pre-mixed Duplicolor.

what tim said. to add, fresh vestal white is not the same as 15 year old

what tim said. to add, fresh vestal white is not the same as 15 year old
That reminded me of the question posed after having some cowl work done: which white do you want to match? Fifteen years had changed the white to be under-wing white, upper-cowl white, fuse white, etc. The paint was jetglow according to the logs so it’s not like it was cheap.

I had some new paint and does not close the older paint, beware of matching.

Back