Very BIG OOPS.

Ohhhh, you said to turn the anti-skid ON! Woops...sorry boss. My bad.

Ohhhh, you said to turn the anti-skid ON! Woops...sorry boss. My bad.

It was a brand spanking new A340 doing an engine runnup at the factory. Now it's probably destined for the scrap heap sans engines. 10 people injured, I think three seriously, but all expected to survive.

"I TOLD you that my pickup bumper and chain weren't strong enough to hold it!"

I can't get the picture to show up at all. I get everything else on the page, advertising included. But, no Airbus.

mods remove if it violates our c.r. rules
Just trying to help EF see the pic
Credit: It says it was taken by Zubova Marina.

Attachments

• Airbus(ted).JPG
    Airbus(ted).JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 27
"Using a ramp worked fine when I flew Harrier jump jets!"

I can't get the picture to show up at all. I get everything else on the page, advertising included. But, no Airbus.
Help! I cannot figure out why I'm unable to see the pictures on this site. Not a single one! I don't have issues on other sites. I removed the cookie and reaccepted it. No change. This is happening on two separate computers.

So what happens on a fly-by-wire plane when you go to full power and thne sever its spinal cord? :hairraise:

So what happens on a fly-by-wire plane when you go to full power and thne sever its spinal cord? :hairraise:

About the same as happened to a B-36D at Fairchild AFB many, many years ago. Throttles on the jet engines were run with a Wheatstone bridge. Electrical power came from the generators on the recips. Pilot called an abort, flight engineer caged the recips before the co-pilot could throttle down the jets. Now the plane is rolling down the runway with jets only. Broken airplane was the result. Or so the story was told to us in ROTC in the early 1970s by the PAS.

From a friend of mine who works at Boeing, of all places:
This is what happens when you run up the engines on an A340 and then
knock off the brake by accident! This was a brand new plane undergoing
engine tests at Toulouse prior to delivery this week.

Attachments

• PICT0001 (2).JPG
    PICT0001 (2).JPG
    151 KB · Views: 21
  • PICT0002 (2).JPG
    PICT0002 (2).JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 20
  • PICT0003 (2).JPG
    PICT0003 (2).JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 15
  • PICT0006 (2).JPG
    PICT0006 (2).JPG