Vandalia, IL storm damage

Rgbeard

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
rgbeard
while checking the news I saw that Vandalia got hit pretty hard. Hangars and one or more planes seriously damaged.

Condolences

I’ve been through it and long ago my dad’s plane was the one on the TV news, upside-down from the storm.

I don't live in Vandalia but I'm in the same part of the country. It feels like we've had daily storms here for the past few weeks, it's ridiculous. Rivers are already flooded, all my favorite catfish places are underwater and I saw people out filling sandbags getting ready for worse this afternoon before our next round of storms.

I landed there on the way to Oshkosh for gas in 2017. That place is in the middle of nowhere...hopefully nobody got hurt.

Facebook has a picture of what looks like a tri pacer with severe damage. Sad

I don't live in Vandalia but I'm in the same part of the country. It feels like we've had daily storms here for the past few weeks, it's ridiculous. Rivers are already flooded, all my favorite catfish places are underwater and I saw people out filling sandbags getting ready for worse this afternoon before our next round of storms.

All the catfish' favorite places are always underwater. :)

I was told by a Sooner that a Tornado wiped out a whole town in OK, the estimated damage was believed to be $1.00

Heard a story a while back, that the owner of a derelict town along Rt 66 was trying to demo and clean up the mess, he was being blocked on the permit by a minor bureaucrat. Then a Tornado did it for him.

Just a note: some times they help. most times no.

KJEF Jefferson City, MO is flooded.

The water situation on the Missouri is bad, I heard on the news that Gavin's Point dam expects way above normal releases all summer and likely into fall. I grew up around Gavin's Point dam area and they have had almost daily >1" rain. South Dakota news reported that most of the state has received 200% over normal precip and areas are pushing 600% above normal.

My dad is usually done planting by now, has yet to plant anything.

The water situation on the Missouri is bad, I heard on the news that Gavin's Point dam expects way above normal releases all summer and likely into fall. I grew up around Gavin's Point dam area and they have had almost daily >1" rain. South Dakota news reported that most of the state has received 200% over normal precip and areas are pushing 600% above normal.

My dad is usually done planting by now, has yet to plant anything.
Coming home from Tx, we saw a lot of fields like that, too wet to put a tractor on.

Back