Used prices

4RNB

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
4RNB
What is a reasonable price to buy or sell used good condition avionics for? I am able to find prices for King KX radios that are used, but what about more modern stuff without much or any used equipment for sale?

Garmin GMA 340 audio panel 4 place intercom ($1450 now)
King KX 155, one VOR, with with GS. ($2500-3000 used now)
Garmin GTX 327 transponder ($700 used now)
Uavionix Sky Beacon ADSB out ($1850, new)
Trutrak Vizion two axis AP. ($5420, new)
Garmin GPS 175 WaaS ($4600 new, might be on back order)

My thought is to sell the used stuff a touch cheaper just to sell them.
Perhaps sell the other stuff at some percentage of new? What percent? 70?
Thank you.

That seems rather high unless a CDI is included. Also, 14V vs 24V is going to be a factor. I'd guess that $1400 for a 14V, with GS and no CDI is about right.

That seems rather high unless a CDI is included. Also, 14V vs 24V is going to be a factor. I'd guess that $1400 for a 14V, with GS and no CDI is about right.

Those are the 14v prices I could find now. What I hope to learn is how to price mine.

Those are the 14v prices I could find now. What I hope to learn is how to price mine.
Some kx155's with glideslope on ebay going for around 1400-1600. Been toying with the idea of putting my dad's takeout 155's into my 180 that currently has narco's. But think just selling them would probably make more sense.

What is a reasonable price to buy or sell used good condition avionics for? I am able to find prices for King KX radios that are used, but what about more modern stuff without much or any used equipment for sale?

Garmin GMA 340 audio panel 4 place intercom ($1450 now)
Garmin GTX 327 transponder ($700 used now)
Uavionix Sky Beacon ADSB out ($1850, new)
Trutrak Vizion two axis AP. ($5420, new)
Garmin GPS 175 WaaS ($4600 new, might be on back order)

My thought is to sell the used stuff a touch cheaper just to sell them.
Perhaps sell the other stuff at some percentage of new? What percent? 70?
Thank you.
What I have seen on VAF is commonly 50% of new unless it is a very desirable current generation item. The GTX327 for example, the last one I bought I paid $300 for.
The skybeacon and trutrak I would expect to be around 50% of new.
The 175 I would expect to be more than 50%, possibly 70-80%; I would search sites such as ebay for comps.

The last couple of 327s I’ve bought I also paid $300 for. I paid a little under $400 ea for 2 330’s as well. I sold a skybeacon for $900 recently. The GMA340 is probably ~$700 though possibly less now (Garmin ended service life for the 340 recently, and only minimal repair support for -01, -10 and -20 units)

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback everyone. My prices came from first hit on internet search, not from actual sales.

I agree resale on the 175 should be pretty good, however, unless you happen to have the unused STC permission letter generator code (comes in the box on an over the counter GPS 175 sale), you'll take a bit of a hit on that (and also the GA 35 antenna typically comes in the kit, so if not providing that, that would be a discount as well)

I agree resale on the 175 should be pretty good, however, unless you happen to have the unused STC permission letter generator code (comes in the box on an over the counter GPS 175 sale), you'll take a bit of a hit on that.

I have never heard of that. Hopefully the install shop has it, the same shop is putting in my new 750.

I have never heard of that. Hopefully the install shop has it, the same shop is putting in my new 750.

If they are a Garmin dealer, then they can just download the permission letter directly, but for a non-Garmin dealer to install it, they would need that STC redemption code (comes in an envelope in the box and has a URL to go to to use the code to download latest install manual and generate a permission letter for the aircraft) in order to legally use the STC install it (unless the end installer is also a Garmin dealer, but most would not want to deal in used equipment).

Garmin doesn't offer a lot of stuff over the counter, but they do for some things (G5's, GTX 335 ... but no 345, GPS 175, GNC 355 ... but not the GNX 375) and those OTC kits come with the envelope with the STC redemption code. Your dealer should be able to order a new one though for a reasonable cost, which would make the resale of the unit easier.

If they are a Garmin dealer, then they can just download the permission letter directly, but for a non-Garmin dealer to install it, they would need that STC redemption code (comes in an envelope in the box and has a URL to go to to use the code to download latest install manual and generate a permission letter for the aircraft) in order to legally use the STC install it (unless the end installer is also a Garmin dealer, but most would not want to deal in used equipment).

Garmin doesn't offer a lot of stuff over the counter, but they do for some things (G5's, GTX 335 ... but no 345, GPS 175, GNC 355 ... but not the GNX 375) and those OTC kits come with the envelope with the STC redemption code. Your dealer should be able to order a new one though for a reasonable cost, which would make the resale of the unit easier.

They are a Garmin dealer.

They are a Garmin dealer.

Right, I just mean for whoever is going to be buying your used GPS 175 ... if they can get their Garmin dealer to install it, they don't need the STC redemption code, but anyone else would in order to legally install. However, most dealers wouldn't want to install a used piece of equipment for 2 reasons, no profit on the sale of the unit and the potential support hassle, so most anyone interested in buying the used unit would need the code. I'm sure you can sell it easily without it, but it makes an easier sale if it comes with it (and makes it more directly comparable to the price of a new OTC kit).

Back