Use of compassion callsign

I didn't mean all the time. In fact, I've only got one. If you go to the website there are certain FBO's that are affiliated with Pilots n Paws and give fuel discounts.

Even that's confusing. Some say since we're above presidential aircraft on the priority list, we have priority but the list isn't in order of precedence.

I'd say in the extremely rare occurrence where we're up against A, R, VV, or VM1, we'd probably get priority. If not, it wouldn't look good for the POTUS to hold up a MEDEVAC flight.

Without looking at the regs at the moment, I do believe you are correct. I think the only aircraft that have priority over Medevac are those in distress.

I've flown many a dog before but never used CMF. I think because not that many controllers would know what it means. I inquired once during my visit in our local tower and the controllers admitted they had no clue. I educated them and am hoping that they will remember for next time. I might try using the CMF callsign on my next dog transport.

I have gotten a fuel discount only once on a dog flight, the FBO lady actually offered it without me asking. Very nice people at the small airport in Odessa, TX (KODO).

Thanks all for flying pups and humans!!

In the TFR! Dead tie with A1 today. He was on final just after we touched down on the pad in Atlanta. Almost had to hold.:mad:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    417.6 KB · Views: 20
If the patient is critical, the "LIFEGUARD" call sign or "lifeguard mission" along with the normal call sign. clears a path.

I'm registered with Pilot n Paws and the use of the compassion call sign will get you discounts on fuel, waived landing fees but special handling...no so much.

Think lifeguard is just a old term, we've always been told to use medevac, gets us some pull but it's not like declaring an emergency.

The term changed from "lifeguard" to "medevac" a few years ago (2 or 3?). But the meaning is the same. You don't need to wait number 10 for takeoff and they will give you a more direct routing. I also figured out that will let you pick your own way around cells when they have closed off an arrival or departure gate because you are the only one who it going to be deviating for weather rather than them having to deal with a fleet of airliners.

Back