US Sectionals have lost foreign detail

Emails have been sent. I'll let you know when they get back to me. Ha!
Well, here's the response I got from Senator Tammy Duckworth majority member of the Senate Subcommittee on Aviation Safety, Operations, and Innovation.. It's a long one that I haven't begun to parse

Thank you for contacting me about our Nation’s transportation and infrastructure policies. I appreciate you taking the time to make me aware of your concerns as the Senate prepares for the 118th Congress, which begins on January 3, 2023.

One of my top priorities this Congress was to advance bipartisan policies that make wise investments in projects that put Americans back to work upgrading our infrastructure throughout Illinois and across the country. That is why I was proud to join a coalition of 68 Republican and Democratic Senators in voting to pass the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), which will invest approximately $11.3 billion in critical Illinois infrastructure over five years to improve and repair highways, rail, public transit and bridges; address climate change and enhance resilience; expand broadband availability and affordability; and improve safety across all modes of transportation. As of July 2022, $5.2 billion in IIJA funding had been announced and was headed for Illinois to invest in roads, bridges, public transit, ports and airports, with over $288 million for clean water. Together, this funding will promote economic growth, create and support high-quality jobs and prepare Illinois to meet new, emerging challenges. For more information about the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and funding opportunities please visit build.gov.

As your Senator, I was sent to Washington to get results, and I worked hard in the 117th Congress to deliver for my constituents and Americans all across this country. That is why I advocated fiercely for the IIJA to include provisions based on my All Stations Accessibility Program Act. These provisions will support legacy transit and commuter rail authorities in upgrading existing stations to meet or exceed accessibility standards under the Americans with Disabilities Act through a competitive grant program, ensuring that Americans with disabilities, like myself, can access rail transit, and in turn, additional independence and opportunities for employment.

I was also proud that my bipartisan Drinking Water and Wastewater Infrastructure Act was included in the IIJA, which will strengthen our most effective tools to help State and local entities fund critical water infrastructure projects: the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) and the Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF). IIJA includes supplemental appropriations covering five years that total more than $40 billion for DWWIA, which will be distributed to communities through the DWSRF and the CWSRF for lead service line replacement and the cleanup of emerging water contaminants. Please be assured that I will continue working with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to put Illinoisans to work upgrading our country's roads, railways, airports and waterways.

Thank you again for contacting me on this important issue. If you would like more information on my work in the Senate, please visit my website at www.duckworth.senate.gov. If you are seeking my office’s assistance with a Federal agency, please visit my website at www.duckworth.senate.gov/help/help-with-a-federal-agency. You can access my voting record and see what I am doing to address today’s most important issues. I hope that you will continue to share your views and opinions with me and let me know whenever I may be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Tammy Duckworth
United States Senator

Last edited:
Well, here's the response I got from Senator Tammy Duckworth majority member of the Senate Subcommittee on Aviation Safety, Operations, and Innovation.. It's a long one that I haven't begun to parse

Thank you for contacting me about our Nation’s transportation and infrastructure policies. I appreciate you taking the time to make me aware of your concerns as the Senate prepares for the 118th Congress, which begins on January 3, 2023.

One of my top priorities this Congress was to advance bipartisan policies that make wise investments in projects that put Americans back to work upgrading our infrastructure throughout Illinois and across the country. That is why I was proud to join a coalition of 68 Republican and Democratic Senators in voting to pass the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), which will invest approximately $11.3 billion in critical Illinois infrastructure over five years to improve and repair highways, rail, public transit and bridges; address climate change and enhance resilience; expand broadband availability and affordability; and improve safety across all modes of transportation. As of July 2022, $5.2 billion in IIJA funding had been announced and was headed for Illinois to invest in roads, bridges, public transit, ports and airports, with over $288 million for clean water. Together, this funding will promote economic growth, create and support high-quality jobs and prepare Illinois to meet new, emerging challenges. For more information about the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and funding opportunities please visit build.gov.

As your Senator, I was sent to Washington to get results, and I worked hard in the 117th Congress to deliver for my constituents and Americans all across this country. That is why I advocated fiercely for the IIJA to include provisions based on my All Stations Accessibility Program Act. These provisions will support legacy transit and commuter rail authorities in upgrading existing stations to meet or exceed accessibility standards under the Americans with Disabilities Act through a competitive grant program, ensuring that Americans with disabilities, like myself, can access rail transit, and in turn, additional independence and opportunities for employment.

I was also proud that my bipartisan Drinking Water and Wastewater Infrastructure Act was included in the IIJA, which will strengthen our most effective tools to help State and local entities fund critical water infrastructure projects: the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) and the Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF). IIJA includes supplemental appropriations covering five years that total more than $40 billion for DWWIA, which will be distributed to communities through the DWSRF and the CWSRF for lead service line replacement and the cleanup of emerging water contaminants. Please be assured that I will continue working with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to put Illinoisans to work upgrading our country's roads, railways, airports and waterways.

Thank you again for contacting me on this important issue. If you would like more information on my work in the Senate, please visit my website at www.duckworth.senate.gov. If you are seeking my office’s assistance with a Federal agency, please visit my website at www.duckworth.senate.gov/help/help-with-a-federal-agency. You can access my voting record and see what I am doing to address today’s most important issues. I hope that you will continue to share your views and opinions with me and let me know whenever I may be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Tammy Duckworth
United States Senator
That was a completely useless response.

That was a completely useless response.
Yep. This is what came to mind.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

That was written without any regard to the question. AI could have done better.

Boilerplate. The congressional equivalent of “we’ve received your message and will get back to you shortly”

Although, that may never happen.

upload_2023-1-13_6-34-57.png

So, a tempest in a teapot as far as private airports are concerned, though the foreign detail will still be dropped.

Has FAA walked back the foreign airspace thing, at least partially?

I just looked at the sectional chart view on Foreflight, and eastern Canada (east of Sault Ste. Marie) is again in glorious, living color, with complete airspace data.

Western Canada? Nope. Mexico? Lo siento.

Maybe they just want to accommodate the domestic flights that overfly eastern Canadian airspace.

Not seeing that on Skyvector. Maybe a bit more detail, but you can clearly see the border between US and Canada, which you couldn't easily see prior to the change.

Has FAA walked back the foreign airspace thing, at least partially?

I just looked at the sectional chart view on Foreflight, and eastern Canada (east of Sault Ste. Marie) is again in glorious, living color, with complete airspace data.

Western Canada? Nope. Mexico? Lo siento.

Maybe they just want to accommodate the domestic flights that overfly eastern Canadian airspace.

Zoom in.

I guess they will have to rename the Montreal Sectional...

Perhaps: "The sectional formerly known as Montreal?"

If I go out any further than this, iFly GPS shows a sectional view. Here and closer in is the current view and the current chart cycle.

abcade30b8136aebfd7cce12bb6b3a02.jpg

Canadian FF subscribers have lost US chart (for border area) details just like us for Canada, around the same time.

Attachments

• Old Chart at Point Roberts.jpg
    Old Chart at Point Roberts.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 18
Here's a new twist: the U.S. chart no longer depicts Canadian class C that exists above a sliver of U.S. airspace over Point Roberts, WA. I wonder if this means that U.S. aircraft are no longer required to contact Canadian ATC above 2500 MSL in that area.

https://skyvector.com/?ll=48.907777324426256,-123.05588721879307&chart=301&zoom=1

The attachment shows what it used to look like.

Canadian airspace over a US border? I think the NACO chart office basically just threw all of vancouver's proverbial tea into puget sound, and presumably, their airspace with it. :D

Here's a new twist: the U.S. chart no longer depicts Canadian class C that exists above a sliver of U.S. airspace over Point Roberts, WA. I wonder if this means that U.S. aircraft are no longer required to contact Canadian ATC above 2500 MSL in that area.

https://skyvector.com/?ll=48.907777324426256,-123.05588721879307&chart=301&zoom=1

The attachment shows what it used to look like.
Update: Someone brought the error to the FAA's attention, and they said it will be corrected in the 20 Apr 23 edition of the chart.

Update: Someone brought the error to the FAA's attention, and they said it will be corrected in the 20 Apr 23 edition of the chart.

I'll believe it when I see it. Fortunately, I have the Seattle sectional on my subscription list.

The possibility that the GPS signal might be shut off is so tiny, but if it happens, what is plan B?
The chart still works just fine without a GPS signal

Back