Up Date on Tom

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Tom Did in fact have a very mild stroke, too small to be detected by CT-Scan but showed up on the MRI done Friday.
Symptoms are constant, and not changing.
Tests and treatment continue.

To be honest Tom this news is a relief. Sister Joan had nearly identical symptoms to you, and they couldn't find the stroke either. The reason they couldn't find the stroke was there was none. Sister Joan had ALS, and died two years later.

Glad they found the stroke. Take care of yourself, and do whatever the MD's tell you.

I hope the treatment goes well. Wish you the best.
Do fun things, don't let stress get to you.

Bummer. The good news is that with good rehab, you are going to regain some of the functions lost from the stroke. Make sure you follow through on the workup for underlying causes. While what is done is done, you may be able to avoid another one.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Be glad that you now have a definitive diagnosis and follow their treatment and rehab recommendations. Hope the symptoms lessen and you get back into everyday shape and routine!

Get well soon Tom, you know the problem now, so hopefully a solution is at hand. I wondered when you said cat scan if an MRI would have picked something up, I wish they would just do the MRI for questions like this. Take care.

I'm glad that you have a diagnosis, Tom, even if it was a stroke. Hopefully there's a treatment and recovery plan that will work for you.

Just met up with friend from 25 yrs ago.
Had to tell us about a stroke 5 years in the past, because we would not have noticed.
(unconscious, then learn to speak & walk again - it was pretty serious).
He is flying again.

I was thinking about you the other day when I was driving through Hamden. At least now you have a diagnosis you can work with. Prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Rich

Take care and follow the MD's instructions. Here's to a full recovery.

Have fun with the reloading.

Good luck, and what do you mean reloading?

Tim

One friend, one family member, came back very, very well, from dramatic symptoms, to nearly full recovery. Year and a half or so. Keep good thoughts, and don't take its temperture every day - seems plateaus and minor regressions are common while recovering. Good on ya. . .

Today was very typical, woke this morning 99% no symptoms, as lunch came so did the symptoms, had lunch, took a nap, after nap 100% worked all afternoon and evening with no problems.

any of the DRs here believe Stroke symptoms can come and go?

What are you reloading? Just for fun, I sometimes take all night to reload a few shells with a "Lee Loader." Surprisingly good results.

$_3.JPG

any of the DRs here believe Stroke symptoms can come and go?

Not a doc. A friend has had multiple minor strokes, and one major plus Parkinson's. Some of his symptoms come and go; the doctors have debated if it is related to the strokes or Parkinson's or the myriad drugs that keep him alive. The symptoms which come and go the most for him is his ability to taste/smell.

Good luck,

Tim

Tom, great to hear you are in good hands with the doctors, and they figured out what you are dealing with.
Wishing you every success as you travel the road ahead.

not a Dr, Tom but did they say “Stroke” or “Stroke-like”
wondering about a TIA.
The MRI shows an abnormality my DR believes I did have a stoke, treatment is blood thinners trying to prevent another.

What are you reloading? Just for fun, I sometimes take all night to reload a few shells with a "Lee Loader." Surprisingly good results.

$_3.JPG

Not a fast way to reload, that's for sure. But, it works, so what the heck.

Some threads just make a person’s day.

As a new member here, I do not know Tom, but will be sending a few prayers for a full and speedy recovery

Back