Unfortunate plane crash: Wagner boss Prigozhin reported killed in crash

ArrowFlyer86

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
The Little Arrow That Could
Just a reminder ya gotta stay on top of your maintenance to prevent unfortunate, totally preventable accidents like this!
I'm sure there was nothing nefarious behind this aviation mishap. Just poor mx all around. :rolleyes:

(So you can pick your poison on where to read it from)
BBC link: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66599733
WSJ Link: https://www.wsj.com/world/russia/pl...-crashes-in-russia-all-aboard-killed-82d25f1e
FT Link: https://www.ft.com/content/812c9da3-80f2-4fe1-8fad-0b4441d1977a
Sky News Link: https://news.sky.com/story/ten-kill...-yevgeny-prigozhin-on-passenger-list-12946006

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
EDIT: And here I was foolishly hoping for Mutiny 2.0 to occur any day. Now the russian federation will need a new despotic hero to lead the charge.

Pilots carelessly smoking.

"It said that residents heard “two bursts of characteristic air defence fire” before the fall of the plane, “and this is confirmed by inversion traces in the sky in one of the videos”, it said, adding that the information was preliminary.
-per FT

4ac.gif

The air defense team seems to be loyal to Putin........And accurate.

Not a helicopter?

He committed suicide the day he turned against Putin. Just took a little while to die from it.
Precisely...

When you offend Putin in Russia you get dead...
Sometimes you and them fam get dead by being hacked to death
Sometimes by being pushed out a window, out another window (that list goes on) or off a roof
Sometimes by a gun
Sometimes by a funky blend of herbal #84 tea
Sometimes by arbitrary prison sentences
Sometimes by a mystery poison (2015), another mystery poison (2017) THEN an arbitrary prison sentence (2022)
Sometimes by a mysterious aviation disaster
Sometimes by a distinctive Russian nerve agent
Or sometimes you're just one of the unsolved mysteries when you're a director/owner of a prominent company

But always ultimately dead... Unfortunately they seem to abide by the motto "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again".
He's got a certain calling-card for this sort of thing. Intentionally leaving no mystery as to who the culprit.

Back to aviation. First look at the spinning plane and the plane pitching up and down tells me that the stab is still there, otherwise it would be tumbling nose over tail. But it seems to have little pitch control in a barely controlled spinning like vertical descent. White smoke looks like fuel venting. I'm guessing a wing and perhaps the elevators damaged by the ground fire some folks witnessed or an explosion at the aft bulkhead. I would also guess we aren't going to be getting a NTSB sort of crash investigation out of this! I'm sure the intelligence folks have a frame by frame analysis going. Steep pitch over at the end. Predictable snark aside. . . What say ye, back to aviation?

Last edited:
Came here to see if this was going to get locked. Pretty well behaved so far, but I still think it will happen.

He's got a certain calling-card for this sort of thing. Intentionally leaving no mystery as to who the culprit.
Hard to inspire fear if it looks like an accident or random attack.

Hard to inspire fear if it looks like an accident or random attack.
The uncertainty will have potential victims even more nervous. If you KNOW he's out to get you, you can take precautions. If not, you agonize on the level of precautions you should take.

Keep in mind this could have been a hit by those who'd like Putin blamed....

Ron Wanttaja

The uncertainty will have potential victims even more nervous. If you KNOW he's out to get you, you can take precautions. If not, you agonize on the level of precautions you should take.

Keep in mind this could have been a hit by those who'd like Putin blamed....

Yeah, it's a bit of a balancing act, isn't it? On the one hand you want to confer complacency upon your intended victim but on the other hand you want set an example.

Back to aviation. First look at the spinning plane and the plane pitching up and down tells me that the stab is still there, otherwise it would be tumbling nose over tail. But it seems to have little pitch control in a barely controlled spinning like vertical descent. White smoke looks like fuel venting. I'm guessing a wing and perhaps the elevators damaged by the ground fire some folks witnessed. I would also guess we aren't going to be getting a NTSB sort of crash investigation out of this! I'm sure the intelligence folks have a frame by frame analysis going. Steep pitch over at the end. Predictable snark aside. . . What say ye, back to aviation?
"Pilot failed to maintain adequate traffic separation from missile."

So back to the airplane part, and assuming it was Russian AA, to me it's an indication that the closest they could get to him was about 5-10 miles, more or less. That's assuming maybe a SAM-15, and that's a guess.

From a military/security perspective, if the closest you can get to your adversary in the country that you run is 5 miles, then I'd say you don't have the level of control that you pretend to have. I say that in part because I'm pretty confident that any leader of any western country could serve a warrant at the doorstep of any citizen in their country.

Or...and this would be funny....they really didn't file a flight plan, and Moscow AA didn't know what it was, so they just shot it down.

And Ithought he would die flying out the window of a multi story building.

So back to the airplane part, and assuming it was Russian AA, to me it's an indication that the closest they could get to him was about 5-10 miles, more or less. That's assuming maybe a SAM-15, and that's a guess.

From a military/security perspective, if the closest you can get to your adversary in the country that you run is 5 miles, then I'd say you don't have the level of control that you pretend to have. I say that in part because I'm pretty confident that any leader of any western country could serve a warrant at the doorstep of any citizen in their country.

Or...and this would be funny....they really didn't file a flight plan, and Moscow AA didn't know what it was, so they just shot it down.
Could you please show your work? We all know what they say about assumptions. But I'd say in this case, it's equally likely that the manner of death was carefully chosen to send a message to those still living. To wit, "You will never be safe, no matter where you go or what you do. There's no end to the ways I can kill you, and I don't give a **** about appearances."

Back