Uber over the top 182

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
IMG_9731.JPG IMG_9730.JPG I had the Mooney I manage at the avionics shop to install an ADSB out transponder. There was a problem and things really got dragged out. Late in the afternoon the shop owner asked if I would just take his 182 home and come back the next day to get the Mooney. What an overwhelming panel. G500, 750, 650, G5 backup AI, (2) Aspen 1000s, (2) color engine monitors, angle of attack indicator, a Lynx transponder with ADSB, LED everything and some things I had no idea what they were. This is one heck of a panel.

And I thought my panel in my 182 was over the top.....

No point in having windows in a plane like that.

Takes longer to set everything up than it takes to fly somewheres.

Were the seats at least rich Corinthian leather?

Who could afford seats after buying all that? :eek:

Did the two engine monitors read different figures?

2 engine monitors? He didn't add a second too, did he? :)

Not really. I like that EI CGR-30P because you have an external data converter that turns all the engine probe analog signals into digital ones that gets sent via one wire to the display. That system allows two displays. That allows you to see two of your favorite pages simultaneously.

See post # 15

That's why I was curious. In the photo the Oil Temp, RPM and MP are different. Is that possible even with the single converter?

That's why I was curious. In the photo the Oil Temp, RPM and MP are different. Is that possible even with the single converter?

I wouldn't think so. maybe he has two or some mix of two

Were the seats at least rich Corinthian leather?

I expect it's his demo plane, so customers can play with the avionics and get that "must have" feeling. Is the OP certain his Mooney was late getting done, or was this a ploy to get him to lust after more, more, more? :rolleyes: :D

The owner of the biggest Garmin shop in my region also has a tricked out 182. And yes, it has one of the nicest leather interiors I've ever seen. He sends a lot of his clients to that interior shop when he has their airplanes gutted for total panel upgrades. Some day...:sigh:

Its a work of art and I commend him but someone count button pushes on a 100mi flight; it's gotta be in the thousands. To make use of everything there.

The two em
2 engine monitors? He didn't add a second too, did he? :)

Zooming in to the photo, I can see why he has two monitor displays for the same engine. They are set up to display different data. For example, only one of them shows EGT and CHT.

However, they do both show RPM and MP, and strangely they display slightly different values. I wonder if he put a redundant extra sensor on the engine.

In a way it was a little dangerous flying this thing VFR. When you're supposed to be looking for traffic, these displays are VERY distracting. But I suppose the ADSB-In traffic takes care of that.

Back