UAL customer service hits new low

At least they didn't break her guitar. We'd never hear the end of it.

Boy peacock or girl peacock? Hey, can peacocks fly? Whats their service ceiling?

Very defensible position on United's part. Newark is legacy Continental. Continental was the proud bird with the golden tail. Peacock tails are beautiful, but not golden.

Unfortunately I don't have time to find and post a link to the old N-B-C peacock chime.

United really did it this time -- they had the gall to deny boarding to a woman who brought her emotional-support peacock. :rolleyes:
/
This stuff has gotten out of hand. Does anyone really think allowing “emotional support animals”onboard is a good idea?

Frankly, I think if someone NEEDS an emotional support animal, they probably shouldn’t be flying in the first place.

They are noisy awful creatures. They procreate like crazy. So, as population control, several of them had an appointment with the grill. It's OK, she lives on a farm.

So what do they taste like man!? I’m gittin hungry.

She was providing emotional support for the peacock.

Kind of sad that one is so alone in this world that the only emotional support is from an animal. How can one be so looney tunes all your friends decided to disown you.

Are there no limits to this? What if my "emotional support" animal was a horse?

I'd guess you could get a ride to your destination but not by aeroplane!

And really, isn't a good thing crazy thinks she can bring a peacock as an ESA? Kinda like a red flag (I hope).

This stuff has gotten out of hand. Does anyone really think allowing “emotional support animals”onboard is a good idea?

While Emotional Support Animals or Comfort Animals are often used as part of a medical treatment plan as therapy animals, they are not considered service animals under the ADA. These support animals provide companionship, relieve loneliness, and sometimes help with depression, anxiety, and certain phobias, but do not have special training to perform tasks that assist people with disabilities. Even though some states have laws defining therapy animals, these animals are not limited to working with people with disabilities and therefore are not covered by federal laws protecting the use of service animals. Therapy animals provide people with therapeutic contact, usually in a clinical setting, to improve their physical, social, emotional, and/or cognitive functioning.

https://adata.org/publication/service-animals-booklet

Miniature horses are recognized by the ADA as long as they are properly trained, but not as emotional support animals.

Hey, they didn't kill the bird.

Don't they normally call in police departments with huge track records of unlawful violence to do that?

Possible pro tip, what if your girlfriend (or wife) sexually identifies as a emotional support animal?? Could you just buy a ticket for yourself and she could fly for free with you??

If you can’t go somewhere without your animal then you need to avoid public transportation and drive or fly yourself.

Indeed, people need to leave their poorly trained small children at home, no one on a airline wants to hear, smell or feel them kicking the back of their seat.

Miniature horses are recognized by the ADA as long as they are properly trained, but not as emotional support animals.
article-2171121-13FEE945000005DC-49_468x535.jpg

How about the woman that didn't get to see her mom before she died because if a jerkoff gate agent.

How about the woman that didn't get to see her mom before she died because if a jerkoff gate agent.

You mean because of a travel agent who cancelled her ticket? Sorry, you can't blame UA for that one.

You mean because of a travel agent who cancelled her ticket? Sorry, you can't blame UA for that one.
She was willing to pay on the spot. In that situation they could have tried, even a little. That woman was already in her seat, seems that something is fishy there. But of course United is not known for blaming the pax. I've worked the airlines and gate agents tend to be tin gods. I was seeing my mom off on a trip when I was working the line and walked into a known to be jerk agent giving mom a hard time about some bs. After calmly telling the agent how a line mechanic could make a gate agent's life a living hell I think she got the message. Like I said this one was a known petty jerk.

While Emotional Support Animals or Comfort Animals are often used as part of a medical treatment plan as therapy animals, they are not considered service animals under the ADA. These support animals provide companionship, relieve loneliness, and sometimes help with depression, anxiety, and certain phobias, but do not have special training to perform tasks that assist people with disabilities. Even though some states have laws defining therapy animals, these animals are not limited to working with people with disabilities and therefore are not covered by federal laws protecting the use of service animals. Therapy animals provide people with therapeutic contact, usually in a clinical setting, to improve their physical, social, emotional, and/or cognitive functioning.

https://adata.org/publication/service-animals-booklet
However, they are covered under the Air Carrier Access Act, which is what airlines are subject to.

Back