U.S. Representative Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) punched a Capitol police officer??

Sonar5

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Sonar5
So If Abramoff gets almost six years what should this rep get if convicted. I say Life.... :rofl:

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=77991

According to sources on Capitol Hill, U.S. Representative Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) punched a Capitol police officer on Wednesday afternoon after he mistakenly pursued her for failing to pass through a metal detector.

Members of Congress are not required to pass through metal detectors.

Sources say that the officer was at a position in the Longworth House Office Building, and neither recognized McKinney, nor saw her credentials as she went around the metal detector.

The officer called out, “Ma’am, Ma’am,” and walked after her in an attempt to stop her. When he caught McKinney, he grabbed her by the arm.

Witnesses say McKinney pulled her arm away, and with her cell phone in hand, punched the officer in the chest.

McKinney’s office has not responded to requests for comment.

According to the Drudge Report, the entire incident is on tape.

Drudge continues, "The cop is pressing charges, and the USCP (United States Capitol Police) are waiting until Congress adjurns to arrest her, a source claims."

No charges have been filed. Capitol Police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Schneider says that senior officials have been made aware of the incident and are investigating.

A statement attributed to McKinney has been released on the Internet, where she allegedly claims to have been harassed by Capitol Hill Police.

The statement's writer says that she has been harassed by white police officers she says do not recognize her due to her recently changed hairstyle.

"Do I have to contact the police every time I change my hairstyle? How do we account for the fact that when I wore my braids every day for 11 years, I still faced this problem, primarily from certain white police officers," the statement says.

The writer details the incident, saying, "I was rushing to my meeting when a white police officer yelled to me. He approached me, bodyblocked me, physically touching me. I used my arm to get him off of me. I told him not to touch me several times. He asked for my ID and I showed it to him. He then let me go and I proceeded to my meeting and I assume that the Police Officer resumed his duties. I have counseled with the Sergeant-at-Arms and Acting Assistant Chief Thompson several times before and counseled with them again on today's incident. I offered also to counsel with the offending police officer."
Bwhahahahahaha....

Cop does his job and this pondscum yells race card.... Give me a break....

This lady deserves any grief she gets, as she is definately part of the problem in washington and not part of the solution IMHO....

Of course she throws out the race card as soon as possible if her statement is to be believed as printed from the site.

I wonder if she even bothered to show her credentials at all...

She is about as racist as they come in my opionion....

Last edited:
Here is the Idiot Response......

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=77995

The office of Representative Cynthia McKinney (D-4th Ga.), issued a response on Wednesday evening to reports of her punching a Capitol police officer earlier in the day.

"Earlier today I had an unfortunate confrontation with a Capitol Hill Police Officer.

It is traditional protocol that Capitol Hill Police Officers secure 535 Members of Congress, including 100 Senators. It is the expectation of most Members of Congress that Capitol Hill Police officers know who they are.

I was urgently trying to get to an important meeting on time to fulfill my obligations to my constituents. Unfortunately, the Police Officer did not recognize me as a Member of Congress and a confrontation ensued. I did not have on my Congressional pin but showed the Police Officer my Congressional ID.

"I know that Capitol Hill Police are securing our safety, that of thousands of others, and I appreciate the work that they do. I deeply regret that the incident occurred. I have demonstrated my support for them in the past and I continue to support them now."
Wait a minute, they fully expect every Cap Police Officer to immediately recognize 635 members of the Government every single time.....

You have got to be kidding...

Talk about stupidity, this lady takes the cake....

She is too dense to even remember to put her pin on by her own admission....

I say arrest her and charge her with assault.

I soooo want to see the tape if it exists on this one. Now that would be funny to watch....

That guy is lucky that is all she did to him. You know family history and all... (her dad has a nice history as well)

More fun from the AP:

Republicans were quick to comment on Wednesday's incident, circulating an e-mail noting that McKinney's confrontation with the Capitol Hill officer came on the same day that her party announced an election-year "affirmation" of its commitment to shoring up the nation's security.

"On the day when Democrats held a media stunt to unveil their security agenda, Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney (D-Ga.) hit a Capitol police officer. Not exactly a show of support for law enforcement," wrote Sean Spicer, spokesman for the House Republican Conference.

Brian Robinson, an aide to Republican Rep. Lynn Westmoreland of Georgia, said he spotted McKinney on Wednesday evening as she entered the Longworth House Office Building. Robinson said she walked around the security checkpoint, then — though no one tried to stop her — walked back and showed the police officer her congressional ID. Robinson said she still wasn't wearing her congressional lapel pin.

So I guess in terms of Homeland Security, she must think it only applies to everyone else and not her....

Last edited:
As the second quote shows, count on "much ado about nothing" from all sides, except of course the Capital Police who can be counted on to keep a low profile on this.

"Drudge continues, 'The cop is pressing charges, and the USCP (United States Capitol Police) are waiting until Congress adjurns to arrest her, a source claims.'"

Ahhh, Matt, you crack me up. That source obviously doesn't know WTF they are talking about. The chances of that happening are just the other side of zero. As it should be.

OTOH, she is quite a piece of work - I remember her Dad too :vomit:

Last edited:
She is representative of those who voted her back into office, IHNSHO. No further comment.

F.W. Birdman said:
She is representative of those who voted her back into office, IHNSHO. No further comment.
Hanging my head in shame, recalling the perpetual re-election of Pat Schroeder by my "fellow" :no: Coloradoans.

gkainz said:
Hanging my head in shame, recalling the perpetual re-election of Pat Schroeder by my "fellow" :no: Coloradoans.

Yeah, what was up with that? And now Salazar in the Senate and both houses of the state legilsature are majority Democrat. Is it the Californians?

Anthony said:
Yeah, what was up with that? And now Salazar in the Senate and both houses of the state legilsature are majority Democrat. Is it the Californians?
Just look at the demographics of downtown Denver to explain Pat Schroeder's career. Now Salazar? I have no clue...except maybe it was anti-Coors sentiment?

gkainz said:
Just look at the demographics of downtown Denver to explain Pat Schroeder's career. Now Salazar? I have no clue...except maybe it was anti-Coors sentiment?
I like the fact that Colorado seems like a fairly balanced state politically. The state that gave you Pat Schroeder also gives you Tom Tancredo. :rolleyes:

Everskyward said:
I like the fact that Colorado seems like a fairly balanced state politically. The state that gave you Pat Schroeder also gives you Tom Tancredo. :rolleyes:

True. But then nothing gets done, which may be a good thing! I like Tancredo. I think he's on target about Illegal Immigration.

Please give me lower taxes, lower spending and a balanced budget. Please?

Everskyward said:
:D

The state that gives you Boulder (please?) also gives you, uh .... ????

Anthony said:
True. But then nothing gets done, which may be a good thing! I like Tancredo. I think he's on target about Illegal Immigration.
LOL, I can't stand Tancredo, and he's my representative! But I was down there with the Dalai Lama on the political compass. :)

Everskyward said:
But I was down there with the Dalai Lama on the political compass. :)

I didn't realize the Dalai Lama was in the Senate. :)

gkainz said:
:D

The state that gives you Boulder (please?) also gives you, uh .... ????

Can we give Boulder away?

gkainz said:

OMG, I remember her from when I lived in Colorado in the early 80s. What a piece of work. Almost as bad as Patty Murray, one of our Senators from the state of Washington. Every time you saw Pat on the TV her face was all screwed up and she was saying in a whiney voice "I don't understand this, and I don't understand that!" Well, if she understood so little, why was she in the house? Good grief.

Ghery said:
Every time you saw Pat on the TV her face was all screwed up and she was saying in a whiney voice...
that voice ... like fingernails on a chalk board...:hairraise:

gkainz said:
Nobody would take it! California already has Berkeley...
Oooh, someone is trashing my alma mater again! But I'm proof, even Beserkeleyites can become pilots. :D

BTW, I didn't like Pat Schroeder either.

Everskyward said:
Oooh, someone is trashing my alma mater again!
I'm sorry...I didn't know! :D

Everskyward said:
But I'm proof, even Beserkeleyites can become pilots. :D
I heard Berkeley alumni logged (edit: should say "had the opportunity to log") tons of hours of flying ... without an airplane? :D

Last edited:
gkainz said:
I'm sorry...I didn't know! :D
No problem. I don't "out" myself very often. ;)

Interesting the reaction it gets when someone sees it on a resume or application. Kinda amusing. :yes:

Haaa....

Now apparently she is going to hold a Press Conference right about now.

Harry Belafonte is expected to be there as well.

Now this should be funny to watch....

On Fox News right now....

Her latest claim is that she is a "victim of being in Congress while black."

Let's see... she wasn't wearing proper identification (not the first time she's refused to do so) skipped past a security checkpoint, and the person tasked with protecting her and all the other members of Congress tried to stop her and ID her, so she punched him/her.

Now, this racist creature claims she's the victim, not the person she chose to batter. To top off her deliberate assault, she's now calling the victim a racist for, apparently being her victim.

Hmmm.... wonder if the cop is torqued enough to sue her for defamation, and make her try to back up her claims about him/her. That would be funny.

Personally, I've got to wonder just how mentally unbalanced she is to seriously make such claims.

This thread seems to be getting off track. Shutting it down for the time being.

After review by the MC, we are reopening this thread.

For some of Ms. McKinney's other lowlights, you should google her and just read. She really is a black female David Duke, and she draws her support from a community that she has manipulated into believing that they are desrving of more than anyone else.

Great politician. Abject failure as an American and as a member of the human race, IMNSHO.

Joe Williams said:
Her latest claim is that she is a "victim of being in Congress while black."

Let's see... she wasn't wearing proper identification (not the first time she's refused to do so) skipped past a security checkpoint, and the person tasked with protecting her and all the other members of Congress tried to stop her and ID her, so she punched him/her.

Now, this racist creature claims she's the victim, not the person she chose to batter. To top off her deliberate assault, she's now calling the victim a racist for, apparently being her victim.

Hmmm.... wonder if the cop is torqued enough to sue her for defamation, and make her try to back up her claims about him/her. That would be funny.

Personally, I've got to wonder just how mentally unbalanced she is to seriously make such claims.

Crazy? Yeah, crazy like a fox.

How'd ya think it's playing out in her district? Good politics.

Where I used to work I would call it a good day if I was only attacked by a finger and a smart mouth. There we always knew when city council elections were coming up by the increase in anti-police rhetoric quoted in the newspaper.

Count on the cop being professional and invisible as possible in this situation. Sigh.

I just watched her "interview" on CNN. She refused to answer any questions about what happened. She just wanted to talk about other issues.

This Democrat is ashamed that she's part of the party.

On the other hand, I think the Capitol Police are making more of this than necessary. It's not like she injured the officer. At most this should have caused an interview with her, maybe a press release, but no charges.

It's overblown on both sides.

MSmith said:
I just watched her "interview" on CNN. She refused to answer any questions about what happened. She just wanted to talk about other issues.

This Democrat is ashamed that she's part of the party.

On the other hand, I think the Capitol Police are making more of this than necessary. It's not like she injured the officer. At most this should have caused an interview with her, maybe a press release, but no charges.

It's overblown on both sides.

So, should we ever meet you won't mind if I pop you one, so long as you aren't injured? You'd just want an interview? Reckon that could be the case, if you are awfully good at turning the other cheek.

She's blowing this up for her own purposes. It's about the only way she's been able to get her name in the news lately. Her own party has been having issues with her.

alaskaflyer said:
Crazy? Yeah, crazy like a fox.

How'd ya think it's playing out in her district? Good politics.

Exactly. She is pandering to her constituents. How much do you think her district likes cops and respects authority?

Joe Williams said:
So, should we ever meet you won't mind if I pop you one, so long as you aren't injured? You'd just want an interview? Reckon that could be the case, if you are awfully good at turning the other cheek.

I'm not sure why you'd do that.

If I were a police officer on duty and I got punched/shoved in the chest by a 50-year-old woman after I grabbed her arm, absent other issues (such as being in the middle of another assault investigation involving her) I'd probably let it go. No injury, no foul. If she drew blood or even hit hard enough to cause a bruise, knocked me down, or used a weapon (a cell phone that happens to be in her hand is NOT a weapon), it'd be another story.

Yes, we expect more patience from police officers than we do from others. Sometimes it's just not worth the paperwork.

Every time I want to comment, Sonar5 says it all for me! Tell it like it is guy... makes me feel better :) And just for agreeing with you, SOMEONE will give me a negative rep. ...? I don't get it.

Police say no racism behind McKinney scuffle

Tom DeLay really opened up on McKinney, and it sounds like grass roots Democrats aren't the only ones embarassed by this performance:
article said:
McKinney has garnered little support among fellow Democrats in her feud with the Capitol police. No one in her party chose to join her at a news conference last Friday to discuss the situation.

MSmith said:
I'm not sure why you'd do that.

If I were a police officer on duty and I got punched/shoved in the chest by a 50-year-old woman after I grabbed her arm, absent other issues ...snip....

Sorry, but I have no patience with people who think they are above the law.
Especially arrogant twits with bad haircuts. You would think this woman would have a bit more respect for the law and those whose job it is to enforce it. I have no problem with having people arrested for harassing 9-1-1, so it wouldn't bother me in the least to have this woman arrested for assault.

I say Cynthia, you GO girl. Call it like you see and and say it loud and proud that it's because you are a black female representative of the people. File assualt charges on that lackey of the man. Get Revs. Al, Jesse and Louis on the case for you. Play that card for all it's worth.

See all you dems at the elections......

F.W. Birdman said:
I say Cynthia, you GO girl. Call it like you see and and say it loud and proud that it's because you are a black female representative of the people. File assualt charges on that lackey of the man. Get Revs. Al, Jesse and Louis on the case for you. Play that card for all it's worth.

See all you dems at the elections......

Ahhh, she'll still win. Bad for Congress, bad for her constituents, bad for Democrats, but bad for Republicans too ;)

You've gotta love a lose/lose proposition.

alaskaflyer said:
Ahhh, she'll still win. Bad for Congress, bad for her constituents, bad for Democrats, but bad for Republicans too ;)

You've gotta love a lose/lose proposition.

Probably will due to the makeup of the 4th District of GA. It will be bad for all, but she is one of those folks, not unlike the wonderfully talented Marilyn Manson who can be held up by the other side (whatever it is) as an example of what NOT to be. (Note: I picked MM because of it's overall lack of talent, fraudulent nature, etc., etc. Your choice may vary depending on agre, race, creed, color, national origin, and musical taste).

I really don't see it as that bad for the republicans. All they have to do is say "we may be crooks, but we don't get violent with cops. And when we get caught, we resign and/or go to jail." Cynthia needs some time in the cooler. 30 days in the hole. And a felony conviction. Then she could not run for office (I think). You GO, sistah!!!

DeeG said:
Sorry, but I have no patience with people who think they are above the law.
Especially arrogant twits with bad haircuts. You would think this woman would have a bit more respect for the law and those whose job it is to enforce it. I have no problem with having people arrested for harassing 9-1-1, so it wouldn't bother me in the least to have this woman arrested for assault.
Well I don't care how she cuts her hair but.... If the reports are true, I have no reason to doubt they aren't, she attempted entry into a controlled area without displaying proper ID. When justifiably challenged by security she decided to act in a violent manner. IMHO she should have been shot, for all the guard could have known she was attempting to illegally gain entry to cause harm. I think the guard demonstrated great restraint and she should be charged with assault of a LE officer at the very least.

Last edited:
smigaldi said:
Well I don't care how she cuts her hair but.... If the reports are true, I have no reason to doubt they aren't, she attempted entry into a controlled area without displaying proper ID. When justifiably challenged by security she decided to ask in a violent manner. IMHO she should have been shot, for all the guard could have known she was attempting to illegally gain entry to cause harm. I think the guard demonstrated great restraint and she should be charged with assault of a LE officer at the very least.

I agree. she sounds like a nutcase. and playing the race card afterwards is outrageous.

Ah yes, but when you have no argument or defense what is the easiest thing to do? Deflect the folks from the underlying situation at hand and stand on the mountain top yelling "it's because I'm black (or homosexual, or whatever).
This is a common tactic used all too often due to the general effectiveness (or is it Affectiveness, always get those confused) of the distraction.

Just a thought, but with all the talk about the President not being above the law.....are congresspeople? female congresspeople? black, female congresspeople?

I should hope not.....

I see where she has apologized to Congress. How about the LEO who was doing his job to protect her and the other 534 "representatives"? Where is his apology?

Back