Twin Comanche for sale

Kristin

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Kristin (The Aviatrix)
Looking for the redundancy of a twin with the operating costs close to a big single? The Twin Comanche is that airplane. Instead of one big engine, it has two little, bulletproof engines. Even better than having a parachute, the spare engine can get you to a runway. 170kts on 18 gph, or go high and get 155-160kts at 12-14gph.

I helping the owner sell a really solid, 1969 Twin Comanche. Having done the last 4-5 annuals on the aircraft and put 60-70 hours on it myself, I know it well. Excellent paint and interior, solid maintenance, and a good IFR panel with a 430 WAAS gps. The details are found here:

http://www.trade-a-plane.com/detail/1771031.html

I hate to see her go, but she does need to fly more. N11QT has been my back up plane. This is one airplane that will not be a $20K first annual. She is ready to fly and upgrade at your leisure. I will miss her as she is a nice flying airplane.

Nice example of a great airplane. It's too bad the twin market is so depressed.

The Twin Comanche market has some life in it, which is to say that it hasn't been hit as hard as Aztecs, Barons, etc. The economy of the Twinkie helps a lot. I also helps that this is one of the ones with the updated panel. The C's and the C/R's move better than then older ones which just look more dated than the pre-1969 Twinkies. As a Twinkie owner myself, it is also comforting that the engines are certified to run on 91/96 octane which means they will run fine on the already certified 93 octane UL replacement fuel, just in case that comes to market instead of a drop in 100 octane replacement.

Is Minnesota still getting the monsoons? I was back with family in May and I think it rained everyday.

Is Minnesota still getting the monsoons? I was back with family in May and I think it rained everyday.

It has let up some, but not before causing major flooding. I stood on my dock July 4th and the water was at my knees! It's now down to a couple of inches over the dock, so that's progress, but things won't be back to "normal" until mid to late August....just about the end of the season. This may be our "Lost Summer"!

I used to like the old Richard Guindon cartoons in the Strib. One lamented that: "Now that winter is over, can winter be far behind".

Let me check. :) Guess not.

You're right, I should not have phrased it that way. I've gotten used to thinking that my days of access to a variety of airplanes are over and I'll have my current airplane forever, but that's not so bad at all.

You never know. Things change day by day.

I've only been in one once for a short hop.

I love em. I was shopping for one when my girls stepped in and pointed out that they could never fit in one with all their necessities. We packed for a typical peoria-destin weekend and sure enough they were right, with no nose baggage it wasn't going to happen. So we bought the beech version. But the PA30 has always been near to my heart since growing up with one on the neighbor's farm strip.

Well, at least you had a mild winter! :rofl:

Uh....yeah....thanks for the reminder!

I used to like the old Richard Guindon cartoons in the Strib. One lamented that: "Now that winter is over, can winter be far behind".

Depressingly true!

Thankfully, Twinkies can operate in all four seasons! (Swerving back on topic!)

Back