TruTrak ECO 2 axis autopilot for $999

I am hopeful that the FAA will soon approve these (and others) for installation in certified aircraft. The recent change in the gyro/electric AI installation gives me hope they are moving in this same direction with autopilots. It really is a safety issue, and having to spend $10-15K to install and maintain old technology is no longer feasible for many of us with older GA planes.

To elaborate on this ECO situation, TruTrak is sending these out the door only for designs they've put together a "kit" for. As of my last communication with Lucas at TT, two or three weeks ago, only two planes have been worked with at this point, the RV-4 and RV-10. And even though these were supposed to start shipping last September, not one ECO has been shipped. I've got my name on the list but at the rate things are going, especially since I don't have an RV, I'm not expecting any good news anytime soon re the ECO. That's okay though. For a thousand bucks two-servo autopilots are showing up here and there as people upgrade to newer systems. I really like the simplicity of the ECO, but oh well.

To elaborate on this ECO situation, TruTrak is sending these out the door only for designs they've put together a "kit" for. As of my last communication with Lucas at TT, two or three weeks ago, only two planes have been worked with at this point, the RV-4 and RV-10. And even though these were supposed to start shipping last September, not one ECO has been shipped. I've got my name on the list but at the rate things are going, especially since I don't have an RV, I'm not expecting any good news anytime soon re the ECO. That's okay though. For a thousand bucks two-servo autopilots are showing up here and there as people upgrade to newer systems. I really like the simplicity of the ECO, but oh well.

Lucas from TruTrak posted over on VAF today that they are at least 5 weeks out waiting on parts suppliers:
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=132321&page=2

Back