Trump calls out FAA "Nexgen" system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the system is totally AFU, causing chaos within it is never a good thing.

Be very, very, very careful what you wish for. The consequences of agency chaos could be very bad.

It's gonna be really, really gooood.

Putting a pilot in charge of the FAA -- what a great idea. Are you kidding??? This should have been the norm for decades instead of some "politically attached" person who knows absolutely nothing about aviation. And I hate to tell you, Pres, but Nexgen isn't the only problem in the FAA. How about taking 15 months to get a medical!
I'm sure many more on POA can add their own dealings.

Hope Trump takes the time to talk with his own pilots. That would be a meeting I would love to listen to.

Not sure I'm on board ,till I see the planning for the changes. Just thinking catering to the airlines,and appointing a pilot,who hopefully isn't an airline pilot. Could bring about some good changes,cutting some of the Regis,would be a good start.

Not sure I'm on board ,till I see the planning for the changes. Just thinking catering to the airlines,and appointing a pilot,who hopefully isn't an airline pilot. Could bring about some good changes,cutting some of the Regis,would be a good start.

Oh, boy. Here comes pay-to-play, influenced by the airline lobby to raise prices on private charter competition (and incidentally, all GA.) Get ready!

I caught his opening remarks before the airline CEO meeting during the medial pool spray.

It was something along the lines of "My own pilot who is a very smart guy says we are upgrading with the wrong equipment, he is really smart".

Sounds like he is qualified to lead up the FAA.

Wonder if his airline stewardess will be brought in to mediate Flight Attendant contracts when needed.

Spin over...in all seriousness though, a hard look at NextGen is warranted. The guys down at SoCal TRACON were baffled as well about the implementation so far.

Putting an experienced aviation professional in charge of the FAA would be a good thing. Wouldn't necessarily have to be a pilot though.

Putting a pilot in charge of the FAA -- what a great idea. Are you kidding??? This should have been the norm for decades instead of some "politically attached" person who knows absolutely nothing about aviation. And I hate to tell you, Pres, but Nexgen isn't the only problem in the FAA. How about taking 15 months to get a medical!
I'm sure many more on POA can add their own dealings.

Hope Trump takes the time to talk with his own pilots. That would be a meeting I would love to listen to.
he claims to be listening to his pilots....and they're complaining. It's all good bro. ;)

Only a fool would believe his view here is good for GA. It's Trumps usual pandering to his own benefit. He was talking to the airlines. "Not increasing the cost to the traveller" means "not decreasing profit to the airline" and that means shifting an unfair burden to the other airspace users to make that subsidy.

Oh Ron......the sky is not falling. :confused: He does listen to his flight department.

In Trump's world a whole bunch of people are gonna get rich and you ain't one of them.

All I know is that the system is broke, has been for eons, and no one to date has done a darn thing about it. Trump is definitely stirring the pots and I for one am willing to give the guy a chance unless he messes with my Social Security. Unless of course, he raises my monthly check!

Oh, boy. Here comes pay-to-play, influenced by the airline lobby to raise prices on private charter competition (and incidentally, all GA.) Get ready!

This. Watch what's happening in telecom (open internet/net neutrality/P2P). It'll move faster there. And Congress will support it.

Let's stick to the aviation aspect and not get into Trump's views (or your view of Trump) in general.

Let's stick to the aviation aspect and not get into Trump's views (or your view of Trump) in general.

I agree. Trump's views can and will shape policy that can affect aviation and aviators. That should make it an acceptable subject for POA. We just need to leave the rest of the political biased bs out of the conversation.

I agree. Trump's views can and will shape policy that can affect aviation and aviators. That should make it an acceptable subject for POA. We just need to leave the rest of the political biased bs out of the conversation.

Hence why we're allowing the thread to remain open. Opinions regarding Trump (or any other politician, party, etc.) should be left out of the conversation, but opinions on how this will affect aviation are welcome.

All I know is that if a) the $$ I dropped upgrading to ADS-B are wasted, and b) a privatized ATC ends up costing me money and/or negatively impacts GA, I'm not going to be a happy camper :incazzato:

"I would think you need a very sophisticated person in that job.":confused:

Stopping what's already in motion is not progress. Nothing gets done by standing still. Putting change in reverse is even worse. Trump isn't fixing anything. He's just making senseless noise.

If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Stopping what's already in motion is not progress. Nothing gets done by standing still. Putting change in reverse is even worse. Trump isn't fixing anything. He's just making senseless noise.
Running blindfolded towards a cliff is progress? Is all "change" for the better? I "hope" not.

Thread closed by MC vote. Some here wanted to continue the partisan bickering and tried to get around our warning by not actually mentioning politicians or parties. But it is obvious.

Another case when a few spoil it for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back