Troll Detection and POA circuitboard

See, the key to a good alternate troll identity is having an accomplice.

Write the troll, forward to accomplice. Accomplice posts from an e-mail address and IP that would never be tied to your main account. Not that I would know anything about doing such a thing.

R&W was my second-favorite poster here, too. Dang.

Write the troll, forward to accomplice. Accomplice posts from an e-mail address and IP that would never be tied to your main account. Not that I would know anything about doing such a thing.

The ISPs I've used have dynamic IP addressing, in which case no accomplice would be needed.

What ever did happen to old Nomex?

Who would do such a thing.:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:...:D

I think I just saw the thread that R&W, Henning, and Jack went a little off the rails on.

Wow.

:rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2::rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:

It seems that there are plenty left...

Man...... Ya gotta love the mods on POA......

At least I do.....:yes::yes:..:):):):):):)

I think I just saw the thread that R&W, Henning, and Jack went a little off the rails on.

Wow.

I just found it too...I think. There was only one person who went "over the top" IMO...Henning.

R&W and Jack were actually quite measured considering the venom Henning was spewing.

I just found it too...I think. There was only one person who went "over the top" IMO...Henning.

R&W and Jack were actually quite measured considering the venom Henning was spewing.

Considering R&W starts out out-of-bounds that isn't really saying much.

Considering R&W starts out out-of-bounds that isn't really saying much.

Well, he has a hard on for Henning for sure. But, then again, Henning does invite a lot of abuse with all his fictitious stories of "experiences."

What's a forum without stories of fictitious experiences and locker room banter?

f8814a8300179ed18d4022a578a7db1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But, then again, Henning does invite a lot of abuse with all his fictitious stories of "experiences."

That's the equivalent of "she was asking to get raped because of the way she dressed" If you don't like Henning's stories then don't read'em. R&W's not-so-subtle and continued accusation of insurance fraud was way out of line. R&W seems to fly off the handle with anyone who doesn't agree with him and then continues to offer attacks at any time he chooses.

That's the equivalent of "she was asking to get raped because of the way she dressed" If you don't like Henning's stories then don't read'em. R&W's not-so-subtle and continued accusation of insurance fraud was way out of line. R&W seems to fly off the handle with anyone who doesn't agree with him and then continues to offer attacks at any time he chooses.
I'm glad you brought that up, because it illustrates perfectly the inconsistent moderation here at POA.

R&W was hardly the only person making that insinuation, nor was he the most vocal. The most vocal insinuator is also happens to be known for personal attacks and telling others routinely to 'F-off' or referring to them as 'asshats'. But that seems to be okay.

There was also a 4th poster in the A&P Parts thread who was just as guilty of personal attacks as anyone else, but he was not suspended.

Moderation is only good if it is consistent and fair.

I'm glad you brought that up, because it illustrates perfectly the inconsistent moderation here at POA.

R&W was hardly the only person making that insinuation, nor was he the most vocal. The most vocal insinuator is also happens to be known for personal attacks and telling others routinely to 'F-off' or referring to them as 'asshats'. But that seems to be okay.

There was also a 4th poster in the A&P Parts thread who was just as guilty of personal attacks as anyone else, but he was not suspended.

Those of us not on the council aren't privy to the discussion of and actual reasons for suspensions and banning. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more offending posts are deleted before the decision to suspend or ban someone is made... this makes it difficult for the peanut gallery to figure out exactly why someone was banned or suspended.

Those of us not on the council aren't privy to the discussion of and actual reasons for suspensions and banning. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more offending posts are deleted before the decision to suspend or ban someone is made... this makes it difficult for the peanut gallery to figure out exactly why someone was banned or suspended.
There is always that possibility.

My point simply that without naming names, some people's posts are never deleted, never suspended. Some have carte blanche while others do not.

There is always that possibility.

My point simply that without naming names, some people's posts are never deleted, never suspended. Some have carte blanche while others do not.
If you, or anyone else, has a problem with a post you can report it using the bad post button. The MC will see it. That doesn't mean they will act upon it, but it will be discussed.

We're in agreement to some extent. I've had my brushes with the moderators and there seems to be "protected classes" of folks. It's unfortunate but it is what it is. I chose to continue participating in the forum for the time being. It's the least evil of the aviation forums that I've visited.

I've been called an asshat here. Should I be worried?

Oddly enough, thems that have been named and others are as likely to agree with me on a topic as they are to disagree, with me on another. Yet the learning continues.

So let's get the popcorn out and enjoy the banter... unti someone says f-off rolivi you asshat. Then I'll need some beef jerky!

If you, or anyone else, has a problem with a post you can report it using the bad post button. The MC will see it. That doesn't mean they will act upon it, but it will be discussed.
Again, that is my point. I personally have used the report button. Sometimes action is taken. Sometimes not. But what I have noticed in recent months is that whether action is taken or not seems to be dependent on who made the reported post.

I respect the need for moderation, I simply request consistent moderation.

Let's think about why some here believe every post is a troll.
Some here believe they know every thing there is to know about aviation, the FAA, and every aircraft system known to fly.
So, when you ask a question, you must be trolling, simply because you can't be that stupid and live.
Yet when you examine these members, they live behind a monicker with absolutely nothing in the way of proof of who there are, or what they have done, no pictures, nothing.

To some extent, but we need to avoid demanding perfection from moderators, because that could lead to such nonsense as the zero-tolerance policies that we often complain about in schools and other institutions. Sometimes consistency comes into conflict with fairness.

What's a forum without stories of fictitious experiences and locker room banter?

That's the equivalent of "she was asking to get raped because of the way she dressed" If you don't like Henning's stories then don't read'em.

I would agree with both of you if Henning's stories were nothing but innocuous tales of his "adventures." But they weren't/aren't. They are far more.

Henning portrays himself as an expert when a question is asked here on on almost any topic.

I have no idea what Henning truly knows. But what I do know is that, when it comes to the fields that I know, his advice was typically laughable. And, worse, sometimes bordering on dangerous.

And, because I know how "full of ****" he is on things I know...it made me question everything he posted here.

Telling harmless BS stories is one thing. But leading the unwary down a wrong (and possibly dangerous) path is extremely detrimental to the health of this community and needs to be called out.

Henning needs to be called out (diplomatically of course) by the experts here in each field when he does this and maybe he'll finally understand that we all know he's a con artist.

Okay, I admit, maybe that's a laughable expectation.

Again, that is my point. I personally have used the report button. Sometimes action is taken. Sometimes not. But what I have noticed in recent months is that whether action is taken or not seems to be dependent on who made the reported post.

I respect the need for moderation, I simply request consistent moderation.
Sometimes the mods may not see the post in the same light you do, or there may not be enough agreement to take action. As I stated, anyone is free to report a post but that doesn't mean the the mods will do as you want. Also, I think everyone on the MC has another job so sometimes decisions take time.

Man, what I wouldn't give to see behind-the-doors talks about some of my posts.

I like R&W's posts, Henning's posts and Tim's, so it seems odd to me that they don't play well together. Of course, they're probably not as good-looking and intelligent in real life as they appear online.

Sometimes the mods may not see the post in the same light you do, or there may not be enough agreement to take action. As I stated, anyone is free to report a post but that doesn't mean the the mods will do as you want. Also, I think everyone on the MC has another job so sometimes decisions take time.

WHAT? With all we are paying you mods? Other jobs? How dare you!

:D

I can't call anyone an asshat. The newest mod lives too close to me and has access to some of the best Hatch chili peppers for making salsa. Can't risk that.

I would agree with both of you if Henning's stories were nothing but innocuous tales of his "adventures." But they weren't/aren't. They are far more.

Henning portrays himself as an expert when a question is asked here on on almost any topic.

I have no idea what Henning truly knows. But what I do know is that, when it comes to the fields that I know, his advice was typically laughable. And, worse, sometimes bordering on dangerous.

And, because I know how "full of ****" he is on things I know...it made me question everything he posted here.

Telling harmless BS stories is one thing. But leading the unwary down a wrong (and possibly dangerous) path is extremely detrimental to the health of this community and needs to be called out.

Henning needs to be called out (diplomatically of course) by the experts here in each field when he does this and maybe he'll finally understand that we all know he's a con artist.

Okay, I admit, maybe that's a laughable expectation.

I had a similar epiphany regarding "60 Minutes" several years ago. "Hey.. wait a minute.. that's bull****... (light goes on) But then, that means...."

While we may not agree with the assessment, we should preserve the right to call someone an asshat without fear of reprisal. It's a fundamental and inalienable right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back