I am based in Reno and do my annuals in Oregon. Two years ago my transponder check was signed off in late October but the annual was not signed off until early December. So this year my transponder is due by 10/31 but my annual is not due until 12/31. I'd like to deliver it to the shop for annual during the first half of November (before the weather gets iffy). This would put my transponder a week or two past due unless I do it here in October. Obviously I'd like to have the annual and transponder inspection in sync. Is there a good legal way to postpone the transponder check and still be able to file and fly IFR from Reno to Portland in early November?