Trade a Plane prices

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
MY latest Trade a Plane arrived today. While perusing it in the reading room, it seemed like asking prices were way up. My imagination maybe------ or perhaps people pricing things in anticipation or PBOR 2

MY latest Trade a Plane arrived today. While perusing it in the reading room, it seemed like asking prices were way up. My imagination maybe------ or perhaps people pricing things in anticipation or PBOR 2
Yeah I've noticed twin prices going up.

The prices are asking price,doesn't mean the airplane will sell for the asking price.

Wishful thinking?

Since I bought a year and a half ago, I've noticed asking prices are up noticeably since when I was looking. I was looking in the $30-40k range, and those seem to have all gone up at least $5-10k for similar planes.

Wishful thinking around my airport from guys that own worn out airplanes is that third class medical reform has magically increased the value. They seem to think there's going to be a huge demand for certificated airplanes.

So not a believer in supply and demand? If demand increases.... Or are you saying that more pilots being able to fly won't increase demand?

Can you actually find out what airplanes are selling and for what price?

Usually we need pictures or it didn't happen, but no pictures this time please.....:lol:

So not a believer in supply and demand? If demand increases.... Or are you saying that more pilots being able to fly won't increase demand?

This. Airplane prices will go up if they haven't already.

So is the demand going to increase by any measurable percent? If demand increases by 1% I don't think there will be much movement. Has AOPA made any guesses on how much the active pilot population will increase when this passes?

I doubt demand will climb any if at all. The ones who couldn't fly for medical reasons likely still cannot. Most that could return to flying probably never sold their plane as evident by all the dusty airplanes at airports. The others that can probably want bother after getting out of it for a few years and would likely rent something.

most of the junk got sold 2008 to 2012. those were wholesaled and might be hitting the market now after needed work. this represents a large problem as they could have been inactive for a long time and people ,ias,aps, all have different ideas of what a proper repair is.I think the high priced stuff might be the good aircraft,however there a lot of crazy people who think **** is golden. i would not like to be a buyer in this market unless you are very savvy .

what dont you guys get . whatever "passes" will make flying much harder .go find last weeks thread on this with a great link to a vid were Dr Chien explains how you were all duped

what dont you guys get . whatever "passes" will make flying much harder .go find last weeks thread on this with a great link to a vid were Dr Chien explains how you were all duped

Yes well Bruce is a great AME - probably the best there is. But he is a doctor and he has a vested interest in this. He also has a view point which colors his prediction of the future as do all of us. I predict that those of us with SI type conditions will gain a great deal now from PBOR2 and that you young pilots will never fully appreciate what it does for you.

Personally, I'm going let my doctor decide what he is comfortable signing off on. I'm also going to wait and see what they pass prior to July of next year. I suspect they will try to instruct doctors on what is OK and what is not, but ultimately it is the doctor's judgment. He is not signing off on you to fly, you are signing yourself off. The doctor's note is just a note documenting your medical exam. If external things come up later it is the pilot's responsibility to account for those in his medical status, just like today.

I had tried to sell my 235 a few years ago, for 2 months it didn't sell at 30k, had some offers of 24,26 &27.5k

Eventually it sold for 30k.

The people who bought it from me asked me to sell it, it sold in 2 weeks for 31.5k..... blew my mind.

Hell, I can hardly get a call. Then again, I'm selling a plane that has the cabin of a Lexus with the performance of a civic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There has been an increase in piston twin prices over the past 1-2 years overall, but mostly for twins at the top end of the market. I recently saw a very nice 340A sell for around the $500k mark. There's no way it would've sold for that a year or two ago. Even today it surprised me a bit. I'm seeing top end 414As and 421Cs also go for around that half mil mark as well. Earlier 340s, 414s, and 421s I've seen tick upwards a bit but still represent a lot of plane for the money. These planes represent something that is just not available on the market in a new aircraft. Some people are picking these instead of turbines because they make a better mission fit. There have been a few interesting stories of people "downgrading" to a pressurized Twin Cessna from a turbine and find they like the plane better due to it being a better fit for their flying.

The older twins tend to not get as much of a price boost, although they do get a slight residual increase. Call it trickle-down. The people at the top end of the market are driving up the prices on the newer planes, which drives some people to pick up an older plane since that's what is now in their budget, driving those prices up. But it still only works for a few years back and then prices more or less just tank.

While I realize many of us don't like a price increase, there are benefits. For one, it means more airplanes are flying. For two, a higher value means that more airplanes will be worth making repairs and upgrades required to keep them flying, rather than send them to the salvage yards. Many planes are going there now because the planes are worth more as parts than as planes.

Back