Took darn near all weekend

bnt83

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian
to clean & paint a couple freaking seat bases... Changing interior colors really sucks. Technically I'm not finished and just ran out of paint, but.. still 98% finished with them.

Last edited:
what did you use to prep, and what paint? The hardware on the cherokee is dark green but the new (2011) interior is beige.

what did you use to prep, and what paint? The hardware on the cherokee is dark green but the new (2011) interior is beige.

#1 Dusted off with dry paint brush.
#2 Lacquer thinner scrub with various brushes
#3 Blast/wash with same as #2 (air compressor and solvent sprayer)
#4 Acetone blast (air compressor and solvent sprayer)

Trying product called SEM Color Coat.

I'm debating about changing the carpet to black so it matches the lower sidewalls but I's so hard to find anything on the floor at night as it is.

Don't do it! Black carpet shows every speck of dirt. Like a black car, beautiful when clean, but a pia to keep that way.

SEM is good stuff.

The dirt on that green finish sure looks like rust in pictures.

Kind of a neat structure. Aluminum extruded T shape with parts of a flange cut out to bend it into a frame with aluminum side riveted to it.

Kinda crappy they have only one latch pin and only one seat rail per seat has latch holes. Amazing to me how some of this stuff was ever FAA approved. (the seat twists against the lone latch pin)

Last edited:
What did you use for the seat covers?

Those are ~10 year old airtex ones, I didn't buy them. They seem to be doing fine.

Looks nice - I have fond memories of redoing mine back when I redid my interior. not very fond memories of putting them back together.

Back