Too much time...

Seems perfect for marathon watching stuff. Pick a series on netflix and watch it all the way through.
That's what I'd do. I missed the first season or two of the Sopranos. Also never saw any Breaking Bad. So much good stuff everyone raved about that I just couldn't commit to. Also marathon watch the Godfather trilogy.

How did you break your foot? If it's really mundane, make up an exciting story. :)

How did you break your foot? If it's really mundane, make up an exciting story. :)
Haha, not mundane in context, just mundane in specifics. It was a motorcycle crash (at 7mph.)

My front tire went flat, rode slow for five miles on the flat to get back to the road when I went down. Hand guard landed on my foot. Rode another 3.5 miles down a 4x4 road to the main road with the broken foot.

ce9c332e1dc17b323df0901ea4fe881b.jpg

Last edited:
This is why I stick with a fast street bike (Triumph Daytona). That low speed dirt stuff is dangerous.

You might think about doing a class or two from Great Courses ( www.thegreatcourses.com ). I've taken a couple of the photography courses and they were excellent. Prices are good if you watch for the sales and specials.

This is why I stick with a fast street bike (Triumph Daytona). That low speed dirt stuff is dangerous.

You might think about doing a class or two from Great Courses ( www.thegreatcourses.com ). I've taken a couple of the photography courses and they were excellent. Prices are good if you watch for the sales and specials.
I sold my Honda 919 with 77,000 miles on it (73,000 of them mine.) I miss it and probably should not have sold it.

I like the idea of the great courses.

I keep thinking that I ought to be productive, because I also have a lot of free time. But I don't get much further than thinking about it. One of my projects this summer was scanning and sorting old slides. That and going hiking, but that wouldn't work with a broken foot...

One of the things I did when I was on medical leave was volunteer to help transcribe raw documentary footage. I had never done anything like that before and I thought it would be fun and interesting. Holy cow she spoke fast, I had to slow down the video, and even then it took listening to it many times; or maybe it was my brain that had slowed down.

No kidding. I was fine at 50 around blind corners on one wheel while drinking a beer on uneven terrain.

Isn't that always the way? I went on a dual-sport ride with a buddy once, and he was tearing it up, picking his way over ruts, showing great form. He dumped it twice, both times losing his balance when coming to a stop.

I have taken to quite a bit of reading, applying for jobs, and tomorrow I will be looking at a potential new residence.

Back