Too much time...

Joshuajayg

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Joshua
So, if you were out of work for almost two months with a broken foot but didn't have loads of disposable money, how would you spend your time?

when I was a kid I broke my collar bone skiing. I spent most of my time getting as much sympathy from the ladies as I could. but the other thing I did was learn how to do the rubix cube. not saying you should do that or are as qualified as I was (at getting sympathy), but that's the route I took.

Study the books for the next rating...

I would split my time 50/50 between playing guitar and ****hub

when I was a kid I broke my collar bone skiing. I spent most of my time getting as much sympathy from the ladies as I could. but the other thing I did was learn how to do the rubix cube. not saying you should do that or are as qualified as I was (at getting sympathy), but that's the route I took.
I did this too. Not because of an injury but because I always have free time. Fastest solve is 1:10 using the Friedrich method until the orientation and permutation. I didn't learn those because I didn't have that much time. So I go to the first 2 layers and then solve the old fashioned way from there.

I did this too. Not because of an injury but because I always have free time. Fastest solve is 1:10 using the Friedrich method until the orientation and permutation. I didn't learn those because I didn't have that much time. So I go to the first 2 layers and then solve the old fashioned way from there.
Believe it or not, I used to go to Rubik's Cube official competitions, all in Atlanta years ago. I learned to solve it when I was around 12 or 13. Fastest personal solve is around 13 seconds.

I taught myself to juggle.

And that really did not impress the ladies.....

I had more broken on one side than the foot though, so I tried the sympathy thing as well......

Believe it or not, I used to go to Rubik's Cube official competitions, all in Atlanta years ago. I learned to solve it when I was around 12 or 13. Fastest personal solve is around 13 seconds.
Any real tips for the O and the P in the CFOP method? The orientation and permutations seem like so much to remember.

I would split my time 50/50 between playing guitar and ****hub

Guitar and Stub Hub?...like seeing shows?

...wait..what kinda shows are we talking?...I recall a question involving a Donkey a while back.

To the OP...just to what all the other "able bodied" pilots do...read POA for hours and hours.

Not sure why it censored CornHub. I am big into farming and ****.

View attachment 48414 I would try to make a dent in the books on my to read shelf:

That Gettysburg book at the bottom... if you haven't read Shelby Foote's trilogy, put that one aside and add three books to the shelf to read first.

"The Civil War: A Narrative is a three volume, 2,968-page, 1.2 million-word history of the American Civil War"

It'll take a while. Took me an entire summer. Worth every page turn.

Any real tips for the O and the P in the CFOP method? The orientation and permutations seem like so much to remember.
It's really all just memorization. I know about 3/4 of the PLL's but only about 1/4 of the OLL's. It took me a while to be able to memorize and then recognize them during a speed solve. I used to be full on Rubik's Cube nerdom.
The best guys at the competitions I went to had about a 10-13 second average, and I was still up into the 20's an average.

I was out for 2 months following surgery years ago. Read books, watched tv and movies, surfed he Internet, and put together a large jigsaw puzzle. Pretty boring but you do find ways of passing the time.

Once you master your 3x3 cube, you can move up to the 4x4. ;)
image.jpeg

Writing books. And spending more time at the gym, finding ways to exercise around the broken foot. Don't try to squander your time with the ladies with a broken foot. Injury points rarely translate to more play.

So, if you were out of work for almost two months with a broken foot but didn't have loads of disposable money, how would you spend your time?

Why not use that time to make loads of disposable money? Start a phone sex service and rake in the cash. :)

Can you still drive? You can be an u b e r driver! You'll make some extra money, meet some interesting people, and probably drink less.

You could drive down to the front range and come fly with me!

I'd finish writing my book.

About 80% of the way done...

Seems perfect for marathon watching stuff. Pick a series on netflix and watch it all the way through.

Some shows make more sense this way, some less. When there's a week between shows you forget stuff, and sometimes I think the writers rely on this (minor characters that just disappear). Other times, subtle stuff is forgotten but if you're watching 10-12 episodes a day, you can remember it.

Problem with more cerebral activities when out on sick leave.... you probably don't feel like doing them. :(

You could drive down to the front range and come fly with me!

Could do that with me also. Or all of us go somewhere.

Airplane is out of annual but I mis-scheduled my medical (oops - last four year one and I forgot) by a week so I'll be undergoing my own inspection until Oct 17.

Here's hoping the compression test doesn't tickle. I might giggle like a girl. Moooooon river....

There's also that ominous AD issued for humans that says we are all going to die. I think FAA is overreacting with that one, considering they don't have any corrective actions for it. ;)

Airplane was perfect by the way, compressions good, didn't hit the seat track AD for cracks yet, so I guess keeping the weight off my butt when sliding it is helping haha, and mechanic went over the books with the usual fine toothed comb. Or whatever hair implant he uses.

The stupid landing light connector came disconnected during the flight home because... maintenance breaks things. Ha.

No work for 2 months? I think I would just sleep. Sleep in, go to bed early, wake up late. Heaven..

@denverpilot and @Mtns2Skies, PM me your emails or phone numbers and let's set something up! I can supply beer to keep the PIC keen eyed and alert. I am able to drive and I even managed to get some maintenance done on the 182 today.

To everyone else, Netflix has been taking up 40% of my day. My wife gives me plenty of sympathy but probably wouldn't accept me making money in any type of sex service (even over the phone.) And I solved the Rubix cube during my boring high school life.

My medical examiner is hopefully going flying this week and I'm going to tag along with him.

Here's the small break that's keeping me grounded.

f06374ce2cae8392d66b201d4b13b599.jpg

Back