Tired of the horrible commute

gitmo234

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
gitmo234
I'm absolutely tired of horrible commutes like this. Traffic was really bad today (at least that's what I heard)... Some snapshots from my morning commute today

Attachments

• IMG_1194.jpg
    IMG_1194.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 190
  • IMG_1201.jpg
    IMG_1201.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1204.jpg
    IMG_1204.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
Awesome pics! I cant help but smile every time I overfly traffic jams on major highways ;) life is good!

Wife wanted to drive somewhere one day. Normally a 1.5 hour trip to the destination but she wanted to go on the weekend of an all-important international live music event. I said no.
We flew there in 45 minutes and were laughing the whole way at all the brake lights on the highway. Those guys probably spent several hours on the hot asphalt.
That sight almost made it worth the outrageous landing fee at the destination. Though the FBO somehow forgot to collect it. I didn't volunteer. *shrug*

Yup, life can be good sometimes.

Start point was 58M - Claremont airport and I flew just over 2 hours to fort eustis Virginia (and back)

If pointing and laughing is your thing try crossing WHIGG on Fridays and Sundays.

I'm not sure if WHIGG is the Bay Bridge, but that's the first thing in the area that comes to mind.

You can drive 4 hours to ocean city in traffic on the weekends from DC...or you can fly there in 50 minutes.

I'm not sure if WHIGG is the Bay Bridge, but that's the first thing in the area that comes to mind.

You can drive 4 hours to ocean city in traffic on the weekends from DC...or you can fly there in 50 minutes.

I typically drive 80 miles one way for my commute, and I exit right where DC traffic begins, narrowly escaping it. I have the background check going on to get my pin to fly into the FRZ to commute every day.

Today was a flight to Eustis, so a 4-5 hour drive with no traffic. Took me about 2 hours to get there and about 2.5 to get back. I cant wait to fly to work as close to daily as I can just for that reason. Look down at the traffic and wave.

I fly to east regularly as well for meetings. Thats a real time saver.

WHIGG is the intersection of V21 and V135 right over Interstate 15 where it goes through the mountain pass near Clark Mountain. That section of I-15 is the main (and only) corridor between Las Vegas and So. Cal and is very frequently clogged up pretty bad. A friend of mine drove back when there was an accident near Baker and it took him 8 hours to make the trip. The same distance in a piston single is about 1.0-1.5 hours. On the ground there's seemingly no way around the traffic but from the air you can see that there's nothing but empty desert as far as the eye can see.

Yep, when we fly to Austin, Houston, or San Antonio, we routinely overfly gridlocked freeways...and giggle. :)

From town to end of the road here is only 40 miles. Yet my commute is still 1.5 hours. 40 minute boat ride then 40 minute bus ride to work. You can nap, read, paly cards, sight see what ever... It still gets old. Boat leaves 5am returns 6:30pm. I work on an island 20 miles west of were I live.

Airport is a 10 minutes from house and rush hour lasts about 45 minutes. When we travel to the lower 48 its great but we are glad to get back to our town of 30,000.

Nice photos, have fun..:yes:

Last edited:
If pointing and laughing is your thing try crossing WHIGG on Fridays and Sundays.

:yeahthat:
This weekend is especially tough, EDC is in town, and it lets out Monday Sunrise.

Glad I'm on vacation and not trying to commute to work Monday morning.

Back