Tips for cleaning hangar

Most pilot's dreams...

upload_2019-3-26_20-50-4-jpeg.72865

Most pilot's reality...

french_maid_costume_halloween_by_captainjimmy99999-daos0vn.jpg

I feel your pain, OP. last time @FlySince9 was in my hangar he walked in a puddle then tracked footprints all over my nice clean hangar floor. I was like doood, wtf, now I gots to clean that sht! so, basically, the footprints are still there.

Can you imagine him doing that on the polished checkerboard tile floor in @Radar Contact hangar? Wonder if they have open carry in his State...

Leaf blowers are for lazy people!
My neighbor uses a leaf blower to dry his car! It always looks like crap. Get a Chamois and do it right!
My son details planes at the airport. He hand washes and dries them and spends quite a bit of time. The finished product looks good.
He did one awhile back and the guy could not believe how nice his plane looked.
His comment was "I usually just spray it down with a pressure washer". I can't stand lazy...
Leaf blower is the way to go if you do it right... Microfiber drying towel to dry the paint and use the leaf blower to blow the water out of the cracks, then follow back over with the microfiber. Chamois's are for people stuck in 1985.

Leaf blower is the way to go if you do it right... Microfiber drying towel to dry the paint and use the leaf blower to blow the water out of the cracks, then follow back over with the microfiber. Chamois's are for people stuck in 1985.

Why not suck water out of the cracks with a shop vac :)

We clean out the hangars in our club every summer (typically in August). First, and most important, pull the plane out of the hangar! Then, while a crew is cleaning the planes the rest are cleaning the hangars.

1. Leaf blower, blow out all the loose junk in the hangar.

2. Pressure wash the floors.

3. When the planes are clean and the hangars are basically dry, put the planes back in the hangars.

With a reasonable size crew this only takes 2 to 3 hours. 3 planes, 3 T-hangars.

Back