Timing belt kit? (2010 Elantra)

Yeah, Audis are, well, different. Pulling a trans cooler, radiator and valve covers I would consider pretty standard for most rear wheel drive TB jobs. The bumper though :rolleyes2:

Try a 2000 Camaro. I was commissioned to pull the heads of a V6 version, you've gotta drop the motor, trans and suspension out of the bottom of the car. All that trouble for a stupidly under-powered POS.

I've got a '12 Camaro. I don't want to do anything more than put gas in it...it's not a six and under-powered is not even a question...

I'm in the middle of a Porsche TB and WP job right now. It's a bit complicated, but nothing that a qualified guy can't do in a few days. Audis are the worst. The little TT with the VW engine is bad, but some of the big sedans or coupes are horrid jobs.

I've got a '12 Camaro. I don't want to do anything more than put gas in it...it's not a six and under-powered is not even a question...

Hopefully the 2012's are more reasonable under the hood. There's very few domestic V6's I really care for, and any new iteration of classic American muscle deserves the 8. There's no replacement for displacement...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

last week the guy in the hangar next to mine changed the timing belt on some sort of Audi. Had the whole front end off the car. Bumper, radiator, trans. cooler, plus the valve covers. If it wasn't major surgery it was an extended office visit...

On my Jetta it's like 6 bolts to get the whole front off. It takes longer to gather the tools than get the front off.

Back