Tiger v Phil

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
Maybe if it wasn’t a fabricated event that we have to pay for so that they can get paid nine million effing dollars I’d be a little more interested in it. Also if I wasn’t flying I mean working I’d consider watching it. I dunno. And I’ve been a big Phil fan for a long time. I guess a Tiger fan as well.

20 bucks maybe, Since Comcast is my provider, it’s $30. Still haven’t decided. I think the trash talk will more compelling than the golf.

I know what a Tiger is, but what kind of plane is a "Phil?"

On a separate note, a pilot I know has a framed poster of a tiger slinking through the woods, and it says "in the jungle, tigers starve last."

As for watching overpaid "celebreties" play against each other for stupid money funded by pay-per-view, I leave the paying to other people . . . . .

I might watch that. Better than pay-per-view fights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe if it wasn’t a fabricated event that we have to pay for so that they can get paid nine million effing dollars I’d be a little more interested in it. Also if I wasn’t flying I mean working I’d consider watching it. I dunno. And I’ve been a big Phil fan for a long time. I guess a Tiger fan as well.

I don't play golf often, but when I do, I prefer to drink Dos Equis. (Can't play any worse, eh?) That said, I like watching PGA on TV, but I'll pass on this obvious let's make the little people pay to further enrichen a couple of rich dudes and the networks ploy.

I like Tiger and I like Phil, but I can’t imagine paying money to watch golf.

I like cheerleaders more than I like sports, but I like sports more than I like golf.

Nauga,
with credit to Doug Benson

We were talking about this over Thanksgiving. If it was a UFC fight or something, than I’d consider paying the fee, but golf? Nah.

I figure it’ll be all over YouTube once it’s over.

YHGTBSM! They would have to pay me to watch that farce.

Hit the ball, walk, fiddle around, hit the ball, watch the other guy fiddle around and eventually hit the ball, repeat 70 x 2 or so times while whoever got stuck announcing the lunacy has to fill the air time with empty headed comments.

Maybe they should have Hooters girls as caddies. No wait, Tiger would hit into the woods every shot and vanish with his caddie for a short while.

Cheers

Last edited:
It probably would put me to sleep.
I think I rather watch bowling, curling...maybe the chess match if that’s still going on.

Just painted a door,think I’ll just watch the paint dry,for free.

The hardest time I have at golf is figuring out how to time getting the ball through the vanes in the windmill.

Alcohol helps with that. Well, perhaps not with getting the ball through the vanes, but with the not giving a crap about it!

I didn't even know this was happening until I read this thread and then googled it. Pay to watch them play? Nope. I'll watch the PGA for free on regular tv.

I'll watch the PGA for free on regular tv.

But is it really free? You boost their ratings, which are used to justify their advertising prices, which is spent to MAKE you watch advertising. That's not free programming, it's just that you don't plunk down the dollars at the time of viewing,

I will/would rather sit in my cold hangar looking at my airplane than think about the reasons why I don't the "golf."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Pay to watch them play? Nope. I'll watch the PGA for free on regular tv.
I'll probably fire up Fortnite and get shot in the back a few times. And it's free.

Nauga,
'cause sombody's gotta be the worst

There's a golf course that abuts my home 'drome. As such, every time I fly, I'm reminded of how much golf sucks, and flying doesn't.

Best thing about golf ,is the long fairways,makes for good emergency landing spots.

Love playing golf, hate watching it. That said I’m lucky if I play 2 rounds per year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The purse all goes to charity of the winner's choice, even the the side bets, so yeah, in that regard both men are class acts to lend their names and talents to help others.

The purse all goes to charity of the winner's choice, even the the side bets, so yeah, in that regard both men are class acts to lend their names and talents to help others.

Yeah but neither one’s favorite charity was my flying fund so...
:raspberry:

I will admit I watched it (especially at the final price of freeeeee!) and it was much better than I would have imagined. Not as contrived as I had expected.

I thought the winner got the 9 mill but all side bets went to charity?

I thought the winner got the 9 mill but all side bets went to charity?

Nope, the whole enchilada goes to charity, as reported by Reuter's.

Changes the perception a little bit, don't it? Both men quietly doing good.

Nope, the whole enchilada goes to charity, as reported by Reuter's.

Changes the perception a little bit, don't it? Both men quietly doing good.

so, I'm not 100% sure on that. the winner got the $9 mill, of which both said they would be donating some portion to charity but the 9 mil doesn't go directly to charity. slightly different but either way they are charitable peeps.

Winner-take-all

Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson are playing for $9 million dollars in a winner-take-all match play format. That will be the bulk of the money on the table during Friday’s match. That money is not being put up by the players themselves but by sponsors.

Charitable giving

The teams of Woods and Mickelson announced that they will each donate a portion of the proceeds to charities of their choice, according to GolfChannel.com.

Steve Loy, Mickelson’s manager, said that Lefty plans to donate to three different charities: Mickelson’s own foundation, the Children of the 58 fund and the Las Vegas Shriners.

Woods’s agent said that Tiger planned to donate to his own foundation and other unspecified local charities.

I’ve never really played but Tiger got me into it. He’s a once in a lifetime world class player if not ‘athlete’. Even after he sunk his driver into one too many hazards I kept up with the PGA and it’s become my favorite background TV during the season (DVR comes in handy when I actually watch it).

So as a big Tiger fan, and a Phil fan, I wish I had tried to tune in. I’m guessing it will be on sale on Amazon... YouTube will probably be policed(?)

If I did play, I would be a well traveled player!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I would have liked to have watched it, but I was working a big chunk of the day.

Kind of amused by the people commenting on this thread how they wouldn't want to watch something as horribly boring as this, but were jizzing in their pants over some dorks playing chess.

so, I'm not 100% sure on that. the winner got the $9 mill, of which both said they would be donating some portion to charity but the 9 mil doesn't go directly to charity. slightly different but either way they are charitable peeps.

Winner-take-all

Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson are playing for $9 million dollars in a winner-take-all match play format. That will be the bulk of the money on the table during Friday’s match. That money is not being put up by the players themselves but by sponsors.

Charitable giving

The teams of Woods and Mickelson announced that they will each donate a portion of the proceeds to charities of their choice, according to GolfChannel.com.

Steve Loy, Mickelson’s manager, said that Lefty plans to donate to three different charities: Mickelson’s own foundation, the Children of the 58 fund and the Las Vegas Shriners.

Woods’s agent said that Tiger planned to donate to his own foundation and other unspecified local charities.

This is what Reuters reported:

"Golf’s first venture into pay-per-view was hyped like a Las Vegas prizefight but proved more of a pillow fight with both golfers in jovial mood, playing for a purse that was put up by sponsors and will go to a charity of Mickelson’s choice."

Both these guys bring down hundreds of millions a year. My guess is they didn't do it for the money for themselves. Somehow "battling for $9 million for charity" doesn't have the same juice to sell ppv's.

Anyway, they both deserve some karma points, and to be called gentlemen for doing it.

Back