Thread-Discontinued

Brayden S.

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Brayden S.
Thread discontiuned

Last edited:
Will you be flying a Curtiss Robin? I'm just kidding; however, wouldn't that be something. How will you fuel this airplane, seriously?

ae0aaec4-37c9-11e5-8e94-000a27020059

What kind of plane will you use in your record attempt? I am not kidding.

The famous quote by John Cook (who, paired with Bob Timm, set the 65 day record in 1958), “Next time I feel in the mood to fly endurance, I'm going to lock myself in our garbage can with the vacuum cleaner running, that is until my psychiatrist opens up for business in the morning.” I think that's enough for me not to want to try it.

I’d be down possibly. Would need to hear a lot more about it though. If the depth of your planning so far is doing It like 1958 but in 2018 I’d be skeptical lol. Location plane? Rigged up a trial run on ferry tank? Or we just in the that sounds cool stage?

F*** that. I fly for fun, and that sounds like the opposite of fun.

Good luck though.

I'll stick to trying to break this record......

Man Eats an Entire Cessna: 150 pieces
a99645_metalleatingman003.jpg

Frenchman Michel Lotito has earned his nickname of Monsieur Mangetout ("Mr. Eat-All"). Ever since he was a teenager, he had a knack/desire for eating indigestible objects, consuming things such as bicycles, televisions, and shopping carts by having them chopped into tiny bits; he would eat a little at a time, washing the pieces down with mineral oil and water. But his dumbest achievement is consuming an entire plane, piece by piece. The feat took him two years (1978-1980)

He died of natural causes in 2007....

Is a commercial rating required?

Hmm 65 days, peeing n pooping in the plane? I doubt I'd be able to walk after 65 days. Thanks for the PM but I'll pass. Would be tempted in my younger days though.

Hello,

I am looking for a potential co pilot for a world record breaking flight. The record involves flying an aircraft for 65 days straight. This flight is not only about breaking records but suporting a charitable cause. The planing is in it's infancy but we are in need of finding a 2nd pilot for this flight. Just looking for potential candidates. Thanks!

So, you desire to take off, fly for 1,560 hours continuously, then land.

Is that correct?

No commercial rating required, but what about instrument?

Must have appropriate endorsements to legally fly the 182 or can that be taken care of in the run up to the event?

Sounds like poppycock to me!

Hello,

I am looking for a potential co pilot for a world record breaking flight. The record involves flying an aircraft for 65 days straight. This flight is not only about breaking records but suporting a charitable cause. The planing is in it's infancy but we are in need of finding a 2nd pilot for this flight. Just looking for potential candidates. Thanks!

Nothing is ever discontinued on the internet. :D

It's been done in a 172. Not sure if the FAA would allow it to be done again the same way. Good luck though. Suggest the other pilot be a REALLY good friend.

Sounds like an absolutely miserable event. Geesh.

Nothing is ever discontinued on the internet. :D

It's been done in a 172. Not sure if the FAA would allow it to be done again the same way. Good luck though. Suggest the other pilot be a REALLY good friend.

Hmmmm....

Last one was in 1958.

FAA established in 1958.

Coincidence?

so, unlike a check ride discontinuance, one CAN continue to post after a thread has been declared discontinued?
Dis' thread continued... :D

so, unlike a check ride discontinuance, one CAN continue to post after a thread has been declared discontinued?
Dis' thread continued... :D

Yup. The OP isn't the official discontinuerrrrrrrr. :cool:

OP says the 182 will be highly modified.....so it'll have a AOA indicator? (sorry...somebody had to)

So, you desire to take off, fly for 1,560 hours continuously, then land.

Is that correct?
I didn't get that from his post. Only that the task would require flying every day for 65 days. 24 hrs a day for even one or two days sounds far-fetched.

What kind of ADs or other maintenance schedules would expire during the flight?

I didn't get that from his post. Only that the task would require flying every day for 65 days. 24 hrs a day for even one or two days sounds far-fetched.
Well, that was the record he wanted to break. Continuously aloft for 65 consecutive days. And some change.

Back