Thought for the day

And that, folks, is Scott's ONLY thought for the day. Maybe he'll have another tomorrow. Maybe not!:rofl::D

1 a day, plus cowbell

Who could ask for more

Some people are like a Slinky...
Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile
when you shove them down the stairs.

Was I the only one who was never able to get a slinky to "walk" down the stairs like in the commercials? :confused:

Sorry for the late postings. I am now up in Lapland. It took a bit to get here. three flights, three different airlines, and three classes of service. Plus a bus, but I did make it. To say that the Internet is not high on the list of things that the hotel provides would be an under statement. But it is beautiful. Even though it is 10:30am and still is not very bright outside, but the sun should be up in a little over an hour.

Sorry for the late postings. I am now up in Lapland. It took a bit to get here. three flights, three different airlines, and three classes of service. Plus a bus, but I did make it. To say that the Internet is not high on the list of things that the hotel provides would be an under statement. But it is beautiful. Even though it is 10:30am and still is not very bright outside, but the sun should be up in a little over an hour.

It's a lot more fun to be there in early June when it never gets full dark. Enjoy the reindeer.:D

It's a lot more fun to be there in early June when it never gets full dark. Enjoy the reindeer.:D
I have been in Sweden in the summer. We drove back from Dahlarna to Stockholm one summer night and it only got dark at 1am and then the sun started to rise again at 2 am. at midnight it was still dusk. Made me glad I had a room that only had a view of an interior courtyard. No sun to keep me awake.

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day,
teach a person to use the internet
and they won't bother you for weeks.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day - teach him how to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day. :yes:

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day,
teach a person to use the internet
and they won't bother you for weeks.

I'm pretty sure the correct grammar is "Teach a man to internet"

Its a verb now :rolleyes:

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to google, and microsoft spends $44.6 BILLION for a website.

I can see people googling, and I know the world is full of YAHOOS, but I can't imagine ever microsofting. Kind of like "Starbucking". Rather obscene.

The Chicago area has many politicians. But, only one true nut.

:)

I am heading out of town for a couple of days here are a few to tie you over

If the sky is the limit, then what is space, over the limit?

Isn't Disney World just a people trap operated by a mouse?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

As I watched the Grammy's last night my thoughts turned to fashion. Why do women wear evening gowns to nightclubs? Shouldn't they be wearing night gowns?

Why is it that if someone tells you that there are 1 billion stars in the universe you will believe them, but if they tell you a wall has wet paint you will have to touch it to be sure?

Mari, these guys are yanking your chain, I think. Most stairs are too wide for a slinky to walk all the way down. Best you can get is three, MAYBE 4 stairs and that is only if you start on the very front edge of the first stair.

Back