This will convince you to buy a twin

I'm light-years away from joining the twin club, but I'd think if I did I'd keep something little for hamburger runs, bug smashing, and stress relief flights then the twin for trips. And the "something little" would be something prime for low and slow flying.

But a wife + 2 planes doesn't seem like a good equation.

What would be more expensive: one wife and two planes or two wives and one plane?
2 wives, because getting your assets split in half twice and paying lawyers twice.

I don’t know people. I went from a piper arrow to a Seneca II and more than doubled my costs. Insurance, fuel, annuals, training, bi-annuals, etc. Everything increased in cost. Had the arrow for 4 yrs and the Seneca 5 hrs. I absolutely loved the Seneca. Felt like I wore it not just flew it. The simultaneous $70 K engine overhauls nearly killed me. I own a Rockwell Commander now and love the dual doors and roominess. Much less expensive to operate. But I still miss that twin engine groove. It felt very safe and was very capable. These days though, the Turboprop singles with the dependability of the turbine are changing the paradigm. Interesting times……we haven't had powered flight for +/- 125 (?) yrs, haven’t even had antibiotics for 100 yrs, no anesthesia 170 yrs ago!…………………………..I digress.

Back