This hoverbike is crazy

I always thought of trikes as being flying motorcycles.

quikr.jpg

What the heck is the purpose of that helmet??? You're sitting just a foot away from 4 meat cleavers. You could fly it with a helmet, or just a swimsuit, because a crash would have the same result.

This is just the beginning. They will become popular as recreational vehicles and short range transportation once all the issues are dealt with. Much quieter caged motors, rollover protection and redundancy is needed, but this won't be the only offering as this is too good of an idea to pass up. Once these type vehicles are fully developed and the price brought down to a reasonable level I see them as an economical way to get off the ground. Let's hope they get them fully developed soon as I'd love to try one of these.

Sixteen foot cruise altitude; perhaps just high enough to get snagged on a power line.

Sixteen foot cruise altitude; perhaps just high enough to get snagged on a power line.
I wonder if the cruise altitude will be operator adjustable.

I would try one as long as the props were shrouded. Looks like it would be fun.

This is just the beginning. They will become popular as recreational vehicles and short range transportation once all the issues are dealt with. Much quieter caged motors, rollover protection and redundancy is needed, but this won't be the only offering as this is too good of an idea to pass up. Once these type vehicles are fully developed and the price brought down to a reasonable level I see them as an economical way to get off the ground. Let's hope they get them fully developed soon as I'd love to try one of these.
One has to wonder how the urban/suburban landscape will change when people don't need roads. I anticipate the number of Darwin Awards to increase exponentially.

At 16 ft you are out of ground effect, so that's not a real max altitude. It can fly higher, and likly will.

Get the props shrouded, like they are on helicopters and GA airplanes.

I'll try to not sound like a jerk here...but there were a few times Colin was a hair away from missing a leg, and head.

from the article "future models will be carried aloft not by propellers but by enclosed fans"

Back