There has got to be a better way?

Gary Ward

Pattern Altitude
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Challenger1
77012BC6-4B95-4FBD-9035-7C5ACEB3498E.jpeg Than using the little red tube in the spray valve in a can of LPS2 spray lube.
It falls out constantly and the can will spray air if you turn it too much on its side.

What do you use?

I did pick this up but I don’t feel it is the answer.
Need something I can fill and pressurize with a long spray tube that is more durable and won’t fall out.
TIA

Last edited:
10 to 20 ml syringes. Remove needle. Replace with red straw ( might need to open the end of the syringe slightly, but you want a tightish fit). Fill with oil of choice ( be sure to mark what is inside). Remove air and direct the lube oil where you want it without waste or mess. I have straws with different lengths of shrink tube attached for those extra special areas.

Sniper approach vs shot gun approach!

What are you lubing?
Syringe sounds like a idea I haven’t thought about, thanks.

i am lubing flight controls, mainly pulleys behind access panels, the rudder peddles. Everything behind them, and more of course.

sometimes I need a little pressure to spray it a couple extra inches or a little longer tube.

sometimes I need a little pressure to spray it a couple extra inches or a little longer tube.
I had several squeeze bottles set up with long tubes with a small nozzle at the end. All DIY. Little squeeze goes a long way. I believe there are some store bought varieties out there. Need to buy your LPS by the 1gal or the 2 gal jugs though. They also make pressurized spray guns for solvents and oils that may work but way over kill in my opinion. Perhaps use just a good old fashioned manual pump oil can with a hose on it which I used for years until was shown the squeeze bottle method.

74C4071B-F82B-4317-BB40-872AF780EB67.jpeg 6189AE95-DACC-4B71-8D55-3EAE9489F8FC.jpeg
Thanks again and why I posted the question.
Duh…I already have this sitting in the parts cleaner.
Like you said I will slip a small small hose over that tip and it will be perfect for the use I am looking for.I may restrict it somehow?

Another problem I have had with cans is I will drop them or something hits the top and this happens. The plastic stem breaks off and then you are screwed. These are over half full, plan to poke a hole in the top and pour them into the squirt can to get started.

Last edited:
Not for planes especially, but I bought this bottle of oil to fill a paint shaker that has an inline air lube system, with a tiny fill port.

https://www.amazon.com/EDSRDUS-Professional-Dispensing-Protecting-Maintaining/dp/B09HGJM6LD

It's a slightly different model than I ordered - mine said "sewing machine oil", but the point is it comes with a 4oz plastic squeeze bottle, with adapters for blunt needle, and adapters for an included clear plastic tube. So it's a way to put little bits of oil just about anywhere. Pretty cool system. If that one doesn't come up, search for EDSRDUS 4oz oil, and get one that has the hose and adapter. I'll add that I don't know how far UP you can push the oil.

JB Weld at the base of the red straw where it meets the spray nozzle.

I had a straw shoot off of a new can of carb cleaner and almost lost the straw in the intake of my daughter’s car. That wouldn’t have been fun to extract.

I've been using that zoom spout oil since the early 1980's working appliance repair. I don't know much about what's available...never looked into it for critical applications where chemical compatibility might be a concern...but I do know there's various types of oil available in those bottles.... at least two types... the clear in that link and a darker brown motor oil looking color.....

JB Weld at the base of the red straw where it meets the spray nozzle.

I had a straw shoot off of a new can of carb cleaner and almost lost the straw in the intake of my daughter’s car. That wouldn’t have been fun to extract.
No! not at all.
Good idea gluing the tube in.
Exactly what I have been worried about if I loose the tube. Not good to have lost around pulleys and cables or anywhere.

Thanks the tips about the Zoom lube bottles folks, I will try one.

This is my favorite way to oil pulleys:
https://www.mcfarlaneaviation.com/products/product/PULLEY%20OILER%20KT/
Makes it super easy to reach the hard places and also eliminates overspray mess. You’ll find all sorts of uses for this pulley oiler!

For the LPS cans try this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2918289665...uid=YCNPQe5XTki&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Great to have a supply of various size straws. Never had one blow out of the nozzle.

Note: I’m not affiliated with with any of these companies:)

I've been using that zoom spout oil since the early 1980's working appliance repair. I don't know much about what's available...never looked into it for critical applications where chemical compatibility might be a concern...but I do know there's various types of oil available in those bottles.... at least two types... the clear in that link and a darker brown motor oil looking color.....
To clarify in case there's any confusion, whatever fluid comes in those zoom spouts gets discarded and I fill the bottles with various lubes for the airplane (oils, LPS, Mouse Milk, etc.)

10 to 20 ml syringes. Remove needle. Replace with red straw ( might need to open the end of the syringe slightly, but you want a tightish fit). Fill with oil of choice ( be sure to mark what is inside). Remove air and direct the lube oil where you want it without waste or mess. I have straws with different lengths of shrink tube attached for those extra special areas.
If you have needles, particularly big needles, they can be scored with a small file somewhere above the sharp tip and broken off with pliers.

Back