The turkey drop is on!

god-as-my-witness-i-thought-turkeys-could-fly-wkrp-cincinatti-660x341.jpg

I've just got one thing to say. In the immortal word of Dr. Johhny Fever. BOOGERRR

Crazy. Like this quote though....Many of them become pets, or dinner during the holidays.

Guess that's no worse than Opp, Alabama's Rattlesnake Rodeo

http://www.opprattlesnakerodeo.com/Content/Default/7/7/0/rattlesnake-rodeo/rattlesnake-rodeo.html

Snakes at the rodeo are milked to make antivenom, some are skinned, cooked and eaten. Don't know about the rest, but some are used to demonstrate to the crowds, too. It's educational, beneficial through antivenom, and it certainly brings a crowd to town. Need to make it back this spring, it's been a long time . . .

These turkeys are chased down, caught by hand and cooked. Hmmm . . . Yellville, Ark. Hmmm . . .

They should drop the mayor and city council members too.

And people get their jollies by this???

Sickos.

I can just imagine the practicality of having a live turkey in a Cessna 182 and a pilot trying to convince it to get out.

That can't be pretty/safe.

Mrs. Howell!

Nothing beats a rich cougar. Besides, the older I get the more of a babe she becomes.

Of course Mrs. Howell. She is old, and loaded. When she dies you can afford both Ginger and Mary Ann......

Of course Mrs. Howell. She is old, and loaded. When she dies you can afford both Ginger and Mary Ann......
Mary Ann lives in Jackson, WY. Ya prolly can’t afford her...

I can just imagine the practicality of having a live turkey in a Cessna 182 and a pilot trying to convince it to get out.

That can't be pretty/safe.

It was done this year from a PA-28 (140). Right seater held the door open and egressed the birds.

Did I remotely suggest that?

Some people just make stuff up.

I don't "make stuff up", and I try not to insult people with different traditions that aren't hurting me in the least.

sick·o
ˈsikō/
noun
informal
plural noun: sickos
  1. a mentally ill or perverted person, especially one who is sadistic.

FWIW, wild turkeys generally roost in trees. They fly in, and they fly out. They fly whenever they need to. Butterball's are clipped so they can't fly off the feed grounds.

FWIW, wild turkeys generally roost in trees. They fly in, and they fly out. They fly whenever they need to. Butterball's are clipped so they can't fly off the feed grounds.

Butterballs are too fat to fly in any directions except downwards.

We usually had two turkeys when I was growing up. One named Thanksgiving, the other named Christmas.

I don't "make stuff up", and I try not to insult people with different traditions that aren't hurting me in the least.

sick·o
ˈsikō/
noun
informal
plural noun: sickos
  1. a mentally ill or perverted person, especially one who is sadistic.
I see you've done well for yourself. You know how to use a dictionary.
I still don't see where I said anyone should be institutionalized or imprisoned.

Snakes at the rodeo are milked to make antivenom, some are skinned, cooked and eaten. Don't know about the rest, but some are used to demonstrate to the crowds, too. It's educational, beneficial through antivenom, and it certainly brings a crowd to town. Need to make it back this spring, it's been a long time . ..

I agree, if there is some educational element involved I'm all for it.

But these?

Wisconsin Cow chip throw

https://wiscowchip.com/

Testy feast Clinton Montana

How many Bull Balls can you eat?

Road Kill Cookoff Marlinton West Virgina

http://pccocwv.com/roadkill

Some people have too much time on their hands!

Kritchlow said:
And people get their jollies by this???
Sickos.

You called a group of people "sickos". Here's the definition again: "a mentally ill or perverted person, especially one who is sadistic". So my question, based on your labeling and the definition of that label was:

JohnAJohnson said:
Think we should institutionalize or imprison all the participants and spectators?

Notice it was a question and not an accusation. Even so, later you state, "I still don't see where I said anyone should be institutionalized or imprisoned". So I guess you'd have a point if I had actually said that you said that.

Kritchlow said:
Did I remotely suggest that? Some people just make stuff up.

Well yea, you did remotely suggest that. Unless you think sicko means something else, and that's why I asked for clarification.

Kritchlow said:
I see you've done well for yourself. You know how to use a dictionary.
I still don't see where I said anyone should be institutionalized or imprisoned.

Since I'm accomplished and know how to use a dictionary, let me leave you with this, and I'll call it a day:

pre·ten·tious
prəˈten(t)SHəs/
adjective
adjective: pretentious
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

You called a group of people "sickos". Here's the definition again: "a mentally ill or perverted person, especially one who is sadistic". So my question, based on your labeling and the definition of that label was:

Notice it was a question and not an accusation. Even so, later you state, "I still don't see where I said anyone should be institutionalized or imprisoned". So I guess you'd have a point if I had actually said that you said that.

Well yea, you did remotely suggest that. Unless you think sicko means something else, and that's why I asked for clarification.

Since I'm accomplished and know how to use a dictionary, let me leave you with this, and I'll call it a day:

pre·ten·tious
prəˈten(t)SHəs/
adjective
adjective: pretentious
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.
WTF??? Please ask, in English, in a straight forward way what your question is..... without quoting a dictionary, encyclopedia, or the Bible.

WTF??? Please ask, in English, in a straight forward way what your question is..... without quoting a dictionary, encyclopedia, or the Bible.
This just keeps getting worse. Don't tell us you're an anti-Bibleist!! :eek:
;)

Back