The State of New Mexico - a bunch of crooks

I'm just impressed that Nick could live on $30K a year in 2007. I think I spent more than that on booze.

I'm just impressed that Nick could live on $30K a year in 2007. I think I spent more than that on booze.

If I had to live in Ohio, I would spend that much in booze too! :D :rofl:

Not universally, but far more than when I got my start. Pilots drink much, much more.
I have noticed a disturbing tea-totalling trend amongst pilots as well. Either they are now too old, too religious, or too snooty to drink. Compared to the WWII guys who ruled the airports when I first started flying, the current generation are practically choir boys.

Luckily, we still have a hard core group of daily flyers at our airport who still enjoy some scotch, or maybe a gin & tonic, at the end of a long day of flying. As a result, the bar in my hangar is far more extensive than the one in my home.
:)

Luckily, we still have a hard core group of daily flyers at our airport who still enjoy some scotch, or maybe a gin & tonic, at the end of a long day of flying. As a result, the bar in my hangar is far more extensive than the one in my home.

It had better be. After I get my IR ticket I'll be out of excuses to come samle your wares.

There is one thing that comes into play here. Authorities are far quicker to play pin the DUI on the driver then they were in days past. Those of us who have to drive to our drinking holes have to be quite careful.

I used to regularly meet a couple friends at a sports bar aways north of here. Because I always drove I because known at Dr. Diet Pepsi.

It had better be. After I get my IR ticket I'll be out of excuses to come samle your wares.

There is one thing that comes into play here. Authorities are far quicker to play pin the DUI on the driver then they were in days past. Those of us who have to drive to our drinking holes have to be quite careful.

I used to regularly meet a couple friends at a sports bar aways north of here. Because I always drove I because known at Dr. Diet Pepsi.
True that. The trick is not to get drunk.

For that, the hotel is within walking distance of 18 bars. No need to drive. ;)

True that. The trick is not to get drunk.

For that, the hotel is within walking distance of 18 bars. No need to drive. ;)
18, huh? A trip down there gets more appealing every time I hear something new ;-)

18, huh? A trip down there gets more appealing every time I hear something new ;-)
Port Aransas has a well-deserved reputation as a "quaint little drinking village with a fishing problem"...
;-)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Port Aransas has a well-deserved reputation as a "quaint little drinking village with a fishing problem"...
;-)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I'm sold. Now if only I could find my tackle box...

Nice thing about our community is there's almost always a party going on and you don't have to go out on the roads. As long as I can navigate my golf cart back down the runway, it's not a problem.

I have noticed a disturbing tea-totalling trend amongst pilots as well. Either they are now too old, too religious, or too snooty to drink. Compared to the WWII guys who ruled the airports when I first started flying, the current generation are practically choir boys.

+1!

Paul

Back