The Planes You Find on Craigslist...

Neither do I.. if you follow the path of rotation it seems that aggressive sweep on the leading edge would not be helpful for efficiency. If anything for a high speed application I'd imagine you want a as much of a flat fast surface as possible to hit the air perpendicularly, or, with a slight forward sweep and then taper as you see on the larger modern turbofans..

Nah, the faster you go the coarser the pitch you need. Just like my 182; the prop is flat pitched for slower flight like takeoff and landing, and coarser as you speed up.

With flat props the engines would just way overspeed before you got going fast.

rp4-jpg.70422

Man, I would not fly this, I would just taxi around the ramp with the canopy open, elbow hangin' over the side and drinkin' beer while listening to those fine engines....

I see this:

Are you talking about scimitar props?
Not quite, those blades on the plane look like right triangles. They don't pass my visual "looks about right" rule but what do I know

...then again.. might all be a coincidence; I went way too far down the Google rabbit hole on this one, BUT.. if you look at the address on the FAA registry that brings you to the location of that HOA for that development with John David Crow as the contact number, with a website associated with it called "Green Crow" which is a timber investment company. The plot thickens! (or maybe it does not)

John David Crow the Heisman trophy winner from 1957.??

Right I thought it was him too but he passed away,

That's right, I had forgotten. Oh well....that part of the mystery is solved.

With a last name of Crow, I would call my planes, "The Raven", or "Never More"...

Or at least put on the side....

"Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wondering from the nightly shore,

Tell me what thy lordly name is on the nights plutonian shore.!!"

And see how many people get the reference.

th

Or at least put on the side.... "Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wondering from the nightly shore,Tell me what thy lordly name is on the nights plutonian shore.!!" And see how many people get the reference.
Sounds like a Poe-fect idea....

I mean I am desperate for twin time if they want a test pilot!

I mean I am desperate for twin time if they want a test pilot!
Desperate is probably what it would take. I mean, that thing looks wicked fast just sitting on the ramp but it’d be a huge double handful on OE.

For the tail number... Maybe the guy's just an evil lawyer.

As for the plane... Yikes. I'm sure it goes like stink, but IMO it's a death trap if you lose one. I don't know why they spaced the engines so far away from the fuselage, but to my eye there's no way there's enough vertical tail/rudder to keep control of it if an engine quits.

Back