The perfect plane ever came on the market and my heart is racing.

Rebel Lord

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rebel Lord
I called the seller and expressed interest and I'm driving up to Dallas tuesday to look at the plane with my dad, I get dizzy and my heart races just thinking about it.

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/searc...=ARCHER+II&listing_id=2267564&s-type=aircraft

If it goes well the first day I want to get it into the shop for a prebuy and we have the money to act.

Anyone have experience with Dallas Executive aircraft services?

http://dallasexecutiveair.com/

Thats the first company that came up when I searched for a mechanic on the field. What should the price be for a decent prebuy inspection?

I'm really REALLY nervous about this and I feel slightly lost. Any tips, thoughts on the plane?

How far overpriced? I saw another archer in Arlington priced at 80k. What should be my target to negotiate to?
It's not too far out of line. Start a bid at 75k.

In all honesty it's a pretty average Archer II.

How far overpriced? I saw another archer in Arlington priced at 80k. What should be my target to negotiate to?

Start by looking at stock Archers, figure out how much is being padded in to the avionics (which is somewhat piecemealed) and then go from there. I'd say around $60K.

An exciting time for you! You have my best wishes!

The price did seem a little bit on the high end to me too, however given how low time the airframe is and the engine it might not be that far outside of the ballpark to be honest

Start by looking at stock Archers, figure out how much is being padded in to the avionics (which is somewhat piecemealed) and then go from there. I'd say around $60K.
60k is a bit low for having a fresh OH'd engine. Interior looks to be in good shape and the paint appears to be decent. Avionics are pretty average, but 72.5k-75k would definitely be in the ball park.

Be prepared to walk away. Don't chase the seller, let them chase you. If they want to sell it bad enough they'll bend a little.

I'm having to mentally prepare myself for this, I keep telling myself that a plane is a tool like a hammer, nothing to get attached to. But again I am excited about this, I've been looking for a archer within driving distance for months.

I'm having to mentally prepare myself for this, I keep telling myself that a plane is a tool like a hammer, nothing to get attached to. But again I am excited about this, I've been looking for a archer within driving distance for months.
Good deal, I wish you luck!

Don't fall in love with it before the buy and you'll be fine.

Research on here.

I used escrow.

I used Saavy for prelims (free).

I did my own log reviews and got electronic records from FAA on registration and maint info (escrow service did the same),

And I called/texted/badgered my chosen mechanic and type experts.

And in the end I reached out to POA for opinions.

Have fun and enjoy the process. Be willing to repeat it and waste some time.

Wholly 1970s! I agree with Ryan. Personally, my highest offer would be 72K. Fine plane. Not really big on the paint / interior design though.

Archers for some reason command a premium over many other makes and models. It was that way 20 years ago when my wife and I bought ours, and as evidenced by recent ads, seems to remain so. $84k is probably a little high, but with relatively low hours on the airframe and a low time engine, it's probably not too far off. I'd want to check out the condition of the paint, though. Even hangared planes with great prep/paint jobs start to lose paint after a while.

JKG

Im not going that faraway for a plane. I want to keep our money in Texas.

Reminds me of the time I did a layover in Meridian MS on a Friday night. Checked into the hotel and there were a bunch of LSU fans in the lobby. LSU was playing at Alabama the next day. So I asked one guy why he couldn't find a hotel closer to Tuscaloosa, and his response? "I wouldn't spend a cent of my money in Alabama". I just laughed and told him to enjoy the loooong drive in traffic tomorrow.

Reminds me of the time I did a layover in Meridian MS on a Friday night. Checked into the hotel and there were a bunch of LSU fans in the lobby. LSU was playing at Alabama the next day. So I asked one guy why he couldn't find a hotel closer to Tuscaloosa, and his response? "I wouldn't spend a cent of my money in Alabama". I just laughed and told him to enjoy the loooong drive in traffic tomorrow.
I wish TAMU fans would stay in Texas. TUP looks like TEB when they play at Ole Miss.

1.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG Capture4.PNG Capture5.PNG

Capture6.PNG

$600 for a good fixed gear prebuy. How long have you been shopping? I looked at planes for over a year before buying. I missed some nice deals but there were many more "perfect" planes that came along.

Back