• Nope!

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Yup!

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Huh, what?

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Why the hell did they ruin a good show?

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • I don't watch tv any more for this reason.

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I don't watch tv. I live in a hangar.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel like I did just watch it.

Might be ok. Although, they could have at least shaved before putting on their blues/whites...just sayin’.

I watched it when I was a kid because it had a helicopter... maybe this time I can fast forward to the helicopter scenes.

They update the car but keep the same old helicopter? MD520 people!

I know a guy that could easily be a double for the original Magnum P.I.

We’ll see. A lot of times these ‘sequels’ ruin the originals.

Can't they think of anything original vs screwing up the old stuff that was actually written and acted by people who had skills?

This just looks like a mindless action film that wouldn't even need subtitles in a non English speaking venue.

Don't get it. You want to do a Magnum P.I. 2 - carry on the story line 30 years later with some tie to the original? Fine. Recycle all the character names and keep it the same but change the characters? Don't get it.

I just watched the preview.

What they should have done was what they did with NCIS, and made it "Magnum Los Angeles" starting it fresh. Sorry, Tom Selleck made the original Magnum PI. The new guy doesn't work for me. He can't even do the eyebrow thing.

From the directors of Fast and Furious? No, Really? Tells you all you need to know.

I think the Volcanic eruption on the Big Island is a direct result of this trash being foisted on the public.

Cheers

They update the car but keep the same old helicopter? MD520 people!
I think they're going to run out of Ferraris!

Well they started out with an updated Ferrari, then that one was destroyed, and the next one was the same model that Selleck drove (308 GTS), then that got destroyed, and at the end it was a black Ferrari but couldn't tell the model. It kinda looked like they did a 'reveal' of the Selleck Ferrari with the Robin-1 tag after the updated one was destroyed similar to the reveal of the old Aston Martin in Skyfall with James Bond.

Last edited:
Sorta getting tired of the lack of fresh creativity and the reboot after reboot of "old" TV shows.

Think we could get "Emergency!" or "Adam-12" or "My Mother, the Car" rebooted?​

I wonder what a reboot of "Green Acres" would look like? And who would play Mr. Haney?

Think we could get "Emergency!" or "Adam-12" or "My Mother, the Car" rebooted?​

Emergency was essentially a commercial for Motorola, and at the price tags they rip public safety off for these days, they don’t need the commercial anymore. :)

At least it can't be as disgusting as the horrific pile of crap they now have the gall to call Hawaii 5-0.

It couldn't possibly.

Normally, it's not something I'd watch. But what else is there, really?

At least it can't be as disgusting as the horrific pile of crap they now have the gall to call Hawaii 5-0.

It couldn't possibly.

TV Producers: “Challenge accepted!”

LOL. It’ll suck.

Can't they think of anything original vs screwing up the old stuff that was actually written and acted by people who had skills?

This just looks like a mindless action film that wouldn't even need subtitles in a non English speaking venue.

:yeahthat: Yup. Hollywood needs to take some acid or something and come up with original material instead of taking the easier and lazy way trying to recreate a popular series from the 70s.

I wonder what a reboot of "Green Acres" would look like? And who would play Mr. Haney?

A rich guy who married an east European lady. Sounds like the making of a horrid reality show. Oh, wait that is already going on. But instead of Green Acres, it’s White House. :D

We need original TV shows and movies like The Office, Antique Road Show, Threes Company, The Magnificent Seven, a Fist Full of Dollars,The Postman Always Rings Twice, etc.

We need original TV shows and movies like The Office, Antique Road Show, Threes Company, The Magnificent Seven, a Fist Full of Dollars,The Postman Always Rings Twice, etc.

How about that Debbie thing, something about Dallas....

It couldn't possibly.
Please... Kono is a freakin' CHICK and McGarret looks like he slept on the beach. Punk.

I can't possibly be the only person to wonder why more movies aren't based off of good books. You wouldn't think it would be that difficult to convert print to film. And there are a lot of good books out there.

One series I will recommend is Safe, by Harlan Coben (one of my favorite authors) on Netflix.

I can't possibly be the only person to wonder why more movies aren't based off of good books. You wouldn't think it would be that difficult to convert print to film. And there are a lot of good books out there.

I generally agree. However, think of all the times you went to see a movie based on a book that you read and you thought that the movie didn't do the book justice.

Back