The mission has changed. Mooney for sale

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
I have just posted a link in the Classifieds forum for my Mooney I have had such fun with for a dozen years. I hate, hate, hate the thought of giving up 7.6 gph cruise at 12,000' and 150KTAS. But with two granddaughters the mission has changed, and a four seater isn't going to work anymore. The plane's in great condition. A number of PoA pilots have flown it. We have consistently upgraded the avionics making it a super IFR platform. It would be fun if this plane fits the needs of a PoAer. This is a plane I would be totally comfortable selling to a friend.

Shouldn't this be in the Classified section (only)?

Maybe my mission change is the topic, but if I'm off base with this thread pull it. I'm not exactly one of the troublemakers on this forum and don't want to start being one now.

Have you decided on the upgrade yet? Perhaps one of those Lears you're type rated in? :D

what's in store for the upgrade? A36? Saratoga?

I have made an offer on a plane. Let's see how it goes before making noise about something that didn't happen.

My money is on Bonanza. Mooney pilots always pick Bonanza if they need six seats, or they go to a twin. Either any number of potential twins, or Bonanza, but I guess I'll choose Bonanza this time.

I could not imagine anyone I'd be more comfortable buying a plane from.

Ok, maybe Dave. :)

Congrats on whatever is next; I know you'll have sadness in your heart as she flies away!

Shouldn't this be in the Classified section (only)?

I'm cool with it, Lance is a long time member (maybe a plank owner) here, and one of the main reasons I own a Mooney. I've been in his plane, it is very well kept and Lance is the kind of guy who takes care of things. Like Spike, I'd have no issues buying a plane from Lance.

Lance, please let us know what you end up with. I'm thinking something along the lines of a turbine Commander, MU-2, maybe a smaller King Air, etc.

Posting it here must be ok, timwinters hasn't chastised you yet. :)

Good luck with the sale. I flew that airplane with another potential buyer just before you bought it. If I was in the market, I'd be very interested.

I agree with @jesse on that. Lance is as stand-up as they come.

Lance, I know you're going to enjoy the upgrade. Can't wait to see what you're bought.

It is a great plane. I've tried to keep it squawk free, but no plane's perfect. Will open everything up for serious buyer regardless. "Fīde, sed verifier" I think R Reagan said it.
Haven't heard back on offer. Not sure if that's good or bad. No leaks until I do hear, but I will say that it's not a Lear.:smilewinkgrin:

My money is on Bonanza. Mooney pilots always pick Bonanza if they need six seats, or they go to a twin. Either any number of potential twins, or Bonanza, but I guess I'll choose Bonanza this time.

not to hijack the thread, but what's the status on your mooney, Dave? Still thinking experimental?

I'm cool with it, Lance is a long time member (maybe a plank owner) here, and one of the main reasons I own a Mooney. I've been in his plane, it is very well kept and Lance is the kind of guy who takes care of things. Like Spike, I'd have no issues buying a plane from Lance.

Lance, please let us know what you end up with. I'm thinking something along the lines of a turbine Commander, MU-2, maybe a smaller King Air, etc.

I agree. It's not like he's someone who wandered on the board and clogged up all the sections trying to sell his plane. Sad to hear Lance is getting rid of the mooney but glad to know he'll still be flying.

I can tell you that, as I chased Lance sounth from Gaston's in my Bonanza, each of us dodging bumpies (Lance took point, I got to listen), I was never catching up. It's a quick 'un.

Plus, built in Texas!

not to hijack the thread, but what's the status on your mooney, Dave? Still thinking experimental?

Keeping it for now. Next year I'll be going to Oshkosh and I will further evaluate the RV-6,7 or 9. There are concerns I have with Vans planes, so it's not a slam dunk decision.

Some might call me crazy but if I were looking for a Mooney I'd buy Lance's and wouldn't even think about a prebuy.
Well I still might call you crazy but I agree with your opinion of the other Lance's Mooney. I got to fly it several years ago and it was obvious how wel he took care of it.

Nice looking plane your looking at...like the panel for sure.... ;):D

Cheers,
Brian

I may have knowin a thing or two about the purchase ahead of the forum. ;)
Ah that would make sense.
Can't use word purchase yet. Still got inspection to get through. And I certainly am intelligent enough to contact Ted before pursuing this lunacy.
Haha. Well make sure to let us know the details of the inspection!

Can't use word purchase yet. Still got inspection to get through. And I certainly am intelligent enough to contact Ted before pursuing this lunacy.

@astanley might argue the intelligence of talking to me, seeing as I seem to have a good ability to persuade people to buy twins. ;)

Back