The jet-powered Waco

Martin Pauly

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Martin Pauly
This has got to be one of the most unusual aircraft modifications: the jet-powered Waco. The plane's owner, Jarrod Lindemann from RAD Aerosports kindly gave me a tour of the plane. It is also unusual in that it travels from show to show in a semi truck. Learn all about it in this new video.

FYI: this is nothing new. Look up Jimmy Franklin and his Waco Mystery Ship the former Jolly Roger. Unfortunately he and Bobby Younkin had an incident one day in Canada. Both great people. Appears this guy just looking to copy success.

Yep..used to watch Jimmy Franklin perform with a wing walker no less !

FYI: this is nothing new.
Nobody claimed it WAS new. Jarrod speaks about the history of the plane at the beginning of the video. It's still a pretty cool airplane, and as far as I can tell, a YouTube video with a detailed look at this Waco and the disassembly procedure actually IS new.

- Martin

Last edited:
This thing stops me in my tracks every year. I can't NOT just sit there and stare at it.
Very odd to see one thing and hear another.

You can keep all the aerobatic acts in their Extras and just give me more of this & the Yak 110. Damn fun to watch at Oshkosh!

You can keep all the aerobatic acts in their Extras and just give me more of this & the Yak 110. Damn fun to watch at Oshkosh!
Yup.

For those that don't make it to Oshkosh this is the insanity that goes on there.

Yup.

For those that don't make it to Oshkosh this is the insanity that goes on there.

Someone driving under the speed limit in the left lane……chewing with your mouth open……advertisements during a YouTube video….dic holliday…..air show announcers..…

I dunno, I got a kick out of Kirby Chambliss barrel rolling around the wing suiters and helicopter.

Anyone remember the first car to plane rope ladder change at Oshkosh?

Actually at the EAA Oshkosh convention 1980.

I still want to show up for a checkride to do my multiengine add-on in one of these or the Yak 110.

:):):)

I too like watching the more unique acts. The agcat routine is my favorite, such a big loud lumbering airplane. I enjoyed the kitfox speedster routine a few years ago and the Jungmeister. I really enjoyed watching Sammy Mason in a fairly stock Pitts rip it up. The composite purpose built planes bore me, they do the same things and are harder to see.

Geme Soucy with the Showcat. Great act, particularly with Theresa. I've known Gene since the Red Devils days when I worked for Bill Barber.
I'm with you as far as the competition type aerobatics we see today. Not to knock those guys talent, but big loud round engines on biplanes does it for me.

Back