The holidays are officially done, yipee!

Morgan3820

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
El Conquistador
That’s about it. Glad to be able to get things moving again. A little apprehensive about what 2024 might bring.

Last edited:
At least we're getting close to a decent year, even if it is 10yrs out, we're now closer than we were.

(But yeah, doubt 2024 is going to be it.)

The next hurdle is to overcome this *(Y%#$Ping cold weather.

Oh by the way, have I ever mentioned that I hatred the cold?

apparently you aren't Greek

I like my woodstove in the winter. I don’t mind the cold. I got plenty of heated man cave stuff to do.

I'm sat here bleary-eyed after 10 days off from all my clients, about to enter the first of a barrage of zooms, teams meetings, and other corporate dreck, and I am wondering... how anyone could greet the post-holiday season with enthusiasm :D

Taking a week off just makes me want to take more weeks off -- not "hit the ground running with newfound enthusiasm" as my clients seem to be expecting from me.

I was really getting tired of four weeks of Christmas carols.

Taking a week off just makes me want to take more weeks off -- not "hit the ground running with newfound enthusiasm" as my clients seem to be expecting from me.
As I realized yesterday that I'd have to go back to work today, I began to question my choice to stick around a few more months.

what are you talking about. Aren’t you supposed to put your decorations up Thanksgiving and take them down Good Friday?

I'm good with temperatures down to 65.

One time I spent a winter in Fairbanks, AK. One week the lows were in the 60s.

Minus 60s, that is... Yes, it was cold enough for me. Then it warmed up to the minus 30s. Felt rather balmy... :lol:

Holidays over??? Not in my neck of the woods...us cajuns just pull the christmas ornaments off the tree and replace them with Mardi Gras ornaments. Poo Yi! After Mardi Gras then the tree gets dumped in the favorite fishing hole for late spring Crappie fishing.

Yeah, business wise the time between Thanksgiving and New Years is just wasted time for me. I want to get things done but everyone else closes up and takes off to visit family.

When I was single I always worked holidays. I claimed I did it so those with family could take time off, but I really did it to get the double overtime pay... :yesnod:

I am really looking forward to business offices being open normal hours again. It is really hard to get stuff done when everyone's closing early or just plain closed. :crazy:
What difference does it make? Nobody seems to do any work whether they are open or not.

Yeah, business wise the time between Thanksgiving and New Years is just wasted time for me. I want to get things done but everyone else closes up and takes off to visit family.

When I was single I always worked holidays. I claimed I did it so those with family could take time off, but I really did it to get the double overtime pay... :yesnod:

I still try not to take vacation around major holidays because everyone else does and the office is a much better place without coworkers. I want to take vacation when everyone is working.

I still try not to take vacation around major holidays because everyone else does and the office is a much better place without coworkers. I want to take vacation when everyone is working.
That's what I normally do, but man this year I just couldn't stand one more day.

Bah humbug!

y’all are a bunch of party poopers. I look forward to the holidays. I for one am sad to see them come to an end.
I normally like the holidays and don't like seeing them end, but we ended up being in the process of moving this year. Dealing with all the deadlines and moving stuff with the reduced holiday hours and everyone we needed to talk to out of office made this holiday season a little difficult to fully enjoy.

Now, however, is the long haul. Especially for those non-government workers. I hated it, five long months with no paid days off…

396 to the wake up... and no matter how much they offer, I am not staying..

Now, however, is the long haul. Especially for those non-government workers. I hated it, five long months with no paid days off…

That’s why God gave us PTO and Speed Weeks and Bike Week and SNF.

5 more years. 5 more years.

5 more months, 5 more months:goofy:

396 to the wake up... and no matter how much they offer, I am not staying..
I can't say for sure how long it will be, other than the absolute maximum latest being the day after my stock options vest (7/1). The only reason it hasn't happened quite yet is that I'm still debating whether the potential payoff of those really matters enough to stay that long. That, and the uncertainty of market performance in an election year.
Youse guys waitin' on medicare or somethin'?
Nope.

Best part of the holiday season ending is the days get longer (at least for six months) :)

I took down and put away the Christmas decorations today. Whew!

Before:

20231231_134557.jpg

After:

20231231_134604.jpg

Back