The Great Monkey Race: Progress Thread

Send the dude in the Cirrus up first for a look. He has a chute. Hahaha.

Back to the one word change:

Did you mean TOSS (instead of Touch my salad)
OR
PECKER (Instead of aggressive with RobertD's pepper)?

Both funny word changes!

So.... has the monkey been rescued? If so I guess we can have these guys stand down. And they were were all set for the mission!

Attachments

• monkey brigage.jpg
    monkey brigage.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 51
So.... has the monkey been rescued? If so I guess we can have these guys stand down. And they were were all set for the mission!

I've always said, beware of Ogres bearing stick grenade butt plugs.

Alright Ladies and Gents...

There is a chance of a window of reasonable flying weather Sunday afternoon.
JCranford has a plane, I have a monkey, and Ryan short has the balls to get in the plane with us and the monkey.

Unit74 is grounded and we can't have the monkey transported by car.

There was a chance Brian] might be able to meet us.
How's that lookin Brian?

If he is unable and the weather cooperates, who east of Dallas wants this cute docile, kind, cherubic little guy?

We can meet someone half way, it can be East, northeast, southeast or anywhere that gets him over to the right side of the map.

Takers?

You're heading between 001° and 180°, correct? Wouldn't that be the LEFT side of the map?

<--- LEFT -------------------------------------------------- RIGHT --->

measure.jpg

Obviously 6PC is a "north-up" kind of guy...

Central Arkansas was "socked in " all AM. Just now starting to burn off a little, but that won't last long. Looks like all weekend will be unlikely.

Just PMed a few options, but next weekend will "hopefully" be a trip to KLBL (don't ask, if it weren't for family ..).

If I end up with the money - anyone interested in meeting in Tulahoma (KTHA) in a few weeks?

brian];1966797 said:
If I end up with the money - anyone interested in meeting in Tulahoma (KTHA) in a few weeks?

If you've got the money, I've got the time!

If you've got the money, I've got the time!

If MOGAS gets any cheaper, I just might call flying "free"! (I wish...)

Whew- would hate to get stuck with another monkey on my back..

brian];1962918 said:
Oh my. So THIS is the monkey ... hope he doesn't play with his money ...

What, you never been to the zoo? All monkeys do all day is eat, beat off, and fling poo. How we figured this evolution thing is good...:dunno:

What, you never been to the zoo? All monkeys do all day is eat, beat off, and fling poo. How we figured this evolution thing is good...:dunno:

Yea, when I was still dating my wife we went to the local zoo. All I can say is that if I could do what we saw the bear doing I would never leave home ...

Did the monkey die at 6PC's place? Just checking on its welfare.

So couple things.
First off, we are having a party tonight and I expect the monkey will be doing body shots and snorting lines off my wife's co-workers's azzez

Second For real Yo!
Does anyone have an issue w/ us flying the monkey to the FBO at KOUN tomorrow and leaving it there for Brian] to pick up at a later date?

I am planeless and JC has a plane tomorrow so we probably need to move it when we have the chance.

Brian] says he will be able to get out there sometime in the near future.

So again, I realize the envelope has a note to the FBO and that was included as an option, but I want to confirm that everyone (EMAN I am talking to you) is okay with us dropping it off at an FBO.

Speak now.

P.S. Looks like the weather is clearing in the afternoon. Ryan Short, if we go this route, are you able to meet us in DTO for departure in the PM?

I would think dropping the monkey off at an FBO of your choosing means you are vouching that said FBO will not fk sht up so if YOU are good with it then I am good with it. I like the idea of person to person handoff better because that means PoA pilots are meeting each other which is more important than getting the monkey here 1 day or week sooner. If said FBO has better blow than Brian] or Ryan then u gotta do what you gotta do.

Well if you read the instructions on the package, you will see that an FBO drop had indeed been contemplated, soooooo...........

So couple things.
First off, we are having a party tonight and I expect the monkey will be doing body shots and snorting lines off my wife's co-workers's azzez

Second For real Yo!
Does anyone have an issue w/ us flying the monkey to the FBO at KOUN tomorrow and leaving it there for Brian] to pick up at a later date?

I am planeless and JC has a plane tomorrow so we probably need to move it when we have the chance.

So again, I realize the envelope has a note to the FBO and that was included as an option, but I want to confirm that everyone (EMAN I am talking to you) is okay with us dropping it off at an FBO.

Speak now.

P.S. Looks like the weather is clearing in the afternoon. Ryan Short, if we go this route, are you able to meet us in DTO for departure in the PM?
I think I'm out. :sad: Got a long day scheduled on Monday from work and I can't risk getting stuck somewhere. I do want to meet up sometime, monkey business or not.

If no movement with JC, I'll help on a weeknight getting him to OUN.

Alternate idea is taking hi with an Angel Flight I'm doing Saturday to Houston. Then have one of the southern gang get photos of him at the Space center.

That is fine. I just want it moving.

Is there nobody east of here?
Surely someone here is in New Orleans or whatever states are north of there (I am not a smart man)

Isn't there a Scott near Tyler?

I'm going to KHQZ for Christmas. If still in Dallas then I can fly it back to KSTF or even to KTCL. I know that is still a bit a ways off but I'll put that out there. I might could do something next weekend as well maybe meet in LA or AR and bring it back to north east MS.

So couple things.

Second For real Yo!

Speak now.

Are you sure you can trust the FBO with the $1,000 that Sac also sent along with the monkey? You still have it, right?

Well, if the e is 1 AMU in the package, then I'll be right over... How quickly does foreflight TStorm weather update over cell service while in the air?

That is fine. I just want it moving.

Is there nobody east of here?
Surely someone here is in New Orleans or whatever states are north of there (I am not a smart man)
If the monkey gets to New Orleans, he will never leave.

Monitor Flightaware for N55WB. We might have Monkey movement this afternoon.

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORT WORTH TX
550 AM CST SUN DEC 13 2015

.AVIATION...
OTHER THAN SOME LINGERING LIGHT RAIN AND TEMPORARY VISIBILITY
RESTRICTIONS THROUGH SUNRISE...EXPECT VFR CONDITIONS AT ALL NORTH
AND CENTRAL TEXAS TAF SITES THROUGH MONDAY MORNING. CEILINGS
BETWEEN 4000 AND 7000 FT EARLY THIS MORNING WILL LIFT AND SCATTER
BY AFTERNOON.

A WEST TO NORTHWEST WIND BETWEEN 13 AND 17 KNOTS ALONG WITH SOME
HIGHER GUSTS EARLY THIS MORNING WILL BECOME MORE SOUTHWESTERLY BY
MID MORNING AND REMAIN SOUTHWEST THROUGH TONIGHT. SOME CROSSWIND
ISSUES ARE POSSIBLE ON NORTH/SOUTH RUNWAYS THIS MORNING BUT THESE
SHOULD BECOME LESS PRONOUNCED THIS AFTERNOON AS THE WIND BECOMES
MORE SOUTHWESTERLY AND DECREASES.

JCranford and I are going to go fly.
The Monkey will be with us.

I am not 100% committed to leaving it at an FBO. I may go to that FBO and talk to them and see if they are super cool with this and not aloof about it.

I really don't want the POA beating in the event that some line guy feels the envelope and thinks it is empty or something and tosses it.

Additionally I have a message to Brian getting a feel for when / if he might be able to pick it up. I think he is the only lifeline for getting this thing east of here.

In the event that the FBO drop doesn't seem like the best option, I will leave it with John (jon?) since he has access to a plane and I have access to parts of a plane that can't fly at the moment. I had really hoped to be back in the air at this point :(

Terrible here today. Supposed to rain all day. Hopefully flying next weekend...

I transferred custody to JCranford.
He and Aggie Mike have access to an airplane that actually flies.

JC is flying to Gaston's in a couple weeks and may have a better shot of connecting with someone out there.

I transferred custody to JCranford.
He and Aggie Mike have access to an airplane that actually flies.

JC is flying to Gaston's in a couple weeks and may have a better shot of connecting with someone out there.

If Homer Simpson was a pilot, instead of saying doughnuts.....

He would say Gastons ....

Even if someone else takes the monkey east, I'll go if at all possible. Just say when..

Back