The Black Friday Games

I thought about slipping out the airport and watching the zombie apocalypse from above but then my wife advised me just how ridiculously early I'd have to get up to do that so nope.

You must have to enjoy that stuff to go now, there are plenty of great deals online.

It's a game, I guess.

We are expecting several inches of rain starting Thursday pm. That might put a crimp in plans to camp out overnight or stand in line right after dinner.

I thought about slipping out the airport and watching the zombie apocalypse from above but then my wife advised me just how ridiculously early I'd have to get up to do that so nope.

You must have to enjoy that stuff to go now, there are plenty of great deals online.
I get paid to do that if we have good weather...

100 people camp out to get a 200 dollar flat screen yet only 6 are in stock.

Are the other 94 hoping they don't grab it???

Ok...ok...ok....there are other deals too.

But I would gladly pay the extra 50-200 bucks of savings your going to get rather than camping out for 2-3 days on the cement of a chain store. Some of these folks are a bit nutty.

You have to be an idiot to participate in this nonsense.

1400x88910-e1417178280516.jpg

I hate shopping.
I hate crowds.
I really hate being pushed or even touched by strangers.
No, I will not participate.

The best time to go Christmas shopping is the 5 days after Christmas.

Dude, it's like every year some poor temp sap opening the door at Walmart gets trampled. They should reserve the job for death row inmates. If you get trampled and survive, you go free. Most who try for it, well, Walmart Shoppers will save the state the bill.

There is no amount of savings to warrant putting up with that side of humanity.

There is no amount of savings to warrant putting up with that side of humanity.
wholeheartedly agree. I'll wait for all the fun youtube videos. Shouldn't be long now....

Already got the one of people beating each other up over vegetable steamers. Sure to be more soon.

Last edited:
There was a Washington Post article bemoaning us "rich" people posting these making fun of poor people. The author started the whole thing off with whining about the advertising sucking people in.

You know. The same advertisers that paid him by the word to write his whiny little article so he could pay his bills and enjoy a nice lazy job like writing articles that claim advertisers take advantage of people and pretend poor people can't grow up having any manners and it's all the rich people's fault.

Probably has a nice little townhouse in the suburbs of DC. But who knows. Newspapers are so useless these days, maybe he was tackling other people for a chance at a vegetable steamer for the same price he could get it online, too. You never know when a vegetable steamer might come in necessary because a pot with some water in the bottom, and a metal colander apparently don't work anymore for such things.

I was just thinking that it might be interesting to go next year with a camera just to get footage.

100 people camp out to get a 200 dollar flat screen yet only 6 are in stock.

Are the other 94 hoping they don't grab it???

Ok...ok...ok....there are other deals too.

But I would gladly pay the extra 50-200 bucks of savings your going to get rather than camping out for 2-3 days on the cement of a chain store. Some of these folks are a bit nutty.

FTFY. IMHO

It's name is appropriate because only a stupid nigga would participate. :rolleyes:

oh, did I just say that? How un-PC of me.

Last edited:
Didn't see much coverage of it on the national news.

Pretty shameful. I tried a few years back to get one item at Staples on black Friday. I went an hour or so after opening, walked in, walked back out after I saw the ridiculousness.

Now I do not shop on that day except maybe online. Didn't buy anything this weekend except some cat food at the Vet's office.

David

Back