The Billy Mays(es) of PoA

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
I've long suspected that a few members here are paid by various aviation businesses to covertly pitch their product every time it gets mentioned.

I try to ignore it but it seems so obvious in some cases. They chime in like a major league fan-boy every time the product is mentioned. What does the group think about this practice if it is indeed going on?

Personally, I think it's a chicken chit of both parties involved.

It’s a lil annoying. Nothing that’s difficult to ignore though. Nothing I’ve ever considered starting a thread over. NTTAWWT.

I don't have an issue with it. I don't see the harm. Of course, if you are talking about the Maui guy, the community brutally shut him down, so I guess there is a line.

It’s a lil annoying. Nothing that’s difficult to ignore though. Nothing I’ve ever considered starting a thread over. NTTAWWT.

Yup. As long as it's in classified I'm good with it. I just ignore it if it bugs me. Unless it's over the top like Maui Wowie.

Yup. As long as it's in classified I'm good with it. I just ignore it if it bugs me. Unless it's over the top like Maui Wowie.
It's not just in the classifieds, it's all over the forum. Anytime certain products and/or services are mentioned the same fan-boys come running to hype it.

It not likely that anything can be done about it. I just find it extremely disappointing. People come here for information and honest opinions and these Tools degrade the value of this site by breaking that trust.

Like who and what product? I ask out of ignorance (probably because I can only afford to fix what I have and buy fuel, no newfangled stuff).

Fltplan Go iz da best!

I get no kickbacks from anyone nor do I work for any commercial company (anymore and besides, I don't work for companies that target consumers. Can you afford a $6 billion C&C system?) but when someone asks for a recommendation about a product or service I've used and am a happy customer ( eg Dr Bruce, PSengineering audio panels) I'll chime in. If I'm not happy, I'll offer my comments in a private note to the person asking.

I do like the "Five Airplanes for Sale for under 25K" post and the link does take you to an external website. I really don't see much harm in a post such as that.

I do like the "Five Airplanes for Sale for under 25K" post and the link does take you to an external website. I really don't see much harm in a post such as that.

I enjoy them too and that's absolutely NOT what I'm talking about.

Should I be offended?

A lot of folks only scratch the surface when talking about anything on here.

(I wish I was paid)

This thread is brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I agree; with fresh products, friendly people, and gosh darn it, THE best food at prices a family can feel good about, what's not to like?

Seriously go eat at Carl's Jr.

Please?

Dominos delivers. Carl’s Jr. won’t do that.

I think some cleaning products and ground school software get mentions outside of the classifieds.

Nothing approaches the amount of Fore Flight worship.

I think some cleaning products and ground school software get mentions outside of the classifieds.

Nothing approaches the amount of Fore Flight worship.
Yeah but FF deserves it. Besides the number of folks who praise it are legion and not just a couple of individuals always weighing in on particular products. I’m still trying to figure out for certain which ones Tim’s referring to but I have seen a bit of it on here.

Yes. It bothers me greatly when people talk about how amazing Amsoil is, especially knowing that you can purchase it from me at a huge discount if you are interested.

I just can’t stand it. So much, that I welcome anyone to PM me if they are interested.

You can get paid for saying how much you like ForeFlight? I wish someone would have told me. I’ve been giving it away.

Gary
How can I get paid for saying FF works??

I'm not getting paid, but it is one app I use nearly daily. I get weather. Also useful on commercial flights (where am I? What am I looking at?). It even lets me plan on looking at cool things, like volcanoes. I can't control the flight path, but I can make an educated guess about what I will be able to see, and the approximate timing. And yes, I sometimes use it for my own flight planning and navigation.

Last edited:
Yes. It bothers me greatly when people talk about how amazing Amsoil is, especially knowing that you can purchase it from me at a huge discount if you are interested.

I just can’t stand it. So much, that I welcome anyone to PM me if they are interested.

Amsoil is the greatest product ever. It's the only one I ever use.

and by the way, see you at work on Monday, boss.

Amsoil is the greatest product ever. It's the only one I ever use.

and by the way, see you at work on Monday, boss.
What on earth is amsoil?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

How can I get paid for saying FF works??

I'm not getting paid, but it is one app I use nearly daily. I get weather. Also useful on commercial flights (where am I? What am I looking at?). It even lets me plan on looking at cool things, like volcanoes. I can't control the flight path, but I can make an educated guess about what I will be able to see, and the approximate timing. And yes, I sometimes use it for my own flight planning and navigation.

you're just east of Portland, S of Mt St helens (closest) and Mt. Rainier (farther). looks like this was taken this summer, say August or September? Had you looked south, you'd have gotten a couple more mountains :)

Mods please delete this; I won't have such slanderous language... I mean... non-aviation content on a pilot web site. Am I right? Who's with me?!?!
I assume dominoe's delivers to get the "food" away from the restauarant as soon as possible. like opening a window if you fart to let it out

you're just east of Portland, S of Mt St helens (closest) and Mt. Rainier (farther). looks like this was taken this summer, say August or September? Had you looked south, you'd have gotten a couple more mountains :)
You're pretty close for time. That was taken 28 July 2017. The further mountain is Mt. Adams, I was north of Portland, looking nearly due east.

I was supposed to just go to Portland, then they had me go to Beijing just before Portland. So I had to go KSFO to KSEA, and then drive to Portland. I got to see pretty much all the volcanoes from Shasta north, including Crater Lake. I got a couple of snaps of Hood, here is one with the Columbia River. If you click on the pictures, it takes you to a page; scroll down and you can see a small map showing where I was when I took the pictures.

Here is Rainier:

This post brought to you by:

brands_montage_shadow.jpg

You're pretty close for time. That was taken 28 July 2017. The further mountain is Mt. Adams, I was north of Portland, looking nearly due east.

I was supposed to just go to Portland, then they had me go to Beijing just before Portland. So I had to go KSFO to KSEA, and then drive to Portland. I got to see pretty much all the volcanoes from Shasta north, including Crater Lake. I got a couple of snaps of Hood, here is one with the Columbia River. If you click on the pictures, it takes you to a page; scroll down and you can see a small map showing where I was when I took the pictures.

Here is Rainier:

thanks for the info! it's a gorgeous time and place to fly

Back