The Anti-Booze thread

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
So, what's your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? I enjoy a good lemonade.

Strong black coffee in the morning. Iced tea the rest of the day and night (sweet or,not, I'm impartial, just don't brew it too strong).

But I do enjoy an occasional cold beer . . . :D

Chocolate milk, from the local family-owned dairy (Hartzler's if you're in the area). Can be mixed with coffee for breakfast, too!

Jim

Monster (white)

For a mid-day pick-up

Mostly milk or water. An occasional Coke in the summer. I always have a bottle of water with me in the cockpit.

water all day long. boring, I know, but I like it.

Chocolate milk, from the local family-owned dairy (Hartzler's if you're in the area). Can be mixed with coffee for breakfast, too!

Jim

Forgot about chocolate milk It is refreshing when its right out of the fridge. Not a fan of white milk plain.

David

Either Dr. Pepper or Kvass. Kvass is technically alcoholic, but not enough to be considered alcoholic.

I have a Jura J9.3 coffee maker. We primarily use Kona (or occasionally, Ku'a) coffee that I roast from the green beans every few days.

I've got a sodastream which replaces the carbonator/wonderbar gun in my old house.

If I'm not drinking booze I'm drinking mouthwash to get the booze off my breath. Joking. Coffee, then hot tea, not the soda tea stuff, then water. Occasionally a glass of milk.

The stuff I usually mix with Jack Daniels....

Aquafina water. Not much of anything else. Some coffee. An occasional Dr. Brown's cream soda or maybe a Vernors.

Anyone like or tried Vernor's Ginger Ale. Hard to find but most awesome.

Here's a Q about alcohol for pilots, that I have often wondered about.
In many cultures, I can think of the French at the moment, wine is a part of many meals, even for children.
Does the French aviation authority permit small consumptions of vin, during or before duty? Maybe it is interdit, but in small amounts; overlooked?

Chocolate egg cream followed by water. Love Vernors but I've been off carbornated drinks for about 3 years.

In many cultures, I can think of the French at the moment, wine is a part of many meals, even for children.
Does the French aviation authority permit small consumptions of vin, during or before duty? Maybe it is interdit, but in small amounts; overlooked?

We hired a helicopter in Italy and in between flights the pilot had a beer with lunch. Normal beer in a glass, not a can in a brown bag.:D Dunno if it was legal or just not enforced.

Haven't figured a safe way to do it (until I get access to a sim, ha) but I've often wondered (in a theoretical, or casual way) if I would do any good after 2 beers. I think I know the answer but I'd like to know how bad it would be.

Haven't figured a safe way to do it (until I get access to a sim, ha) but I've often wondered (in a theoretical, or casual way) if I would do any good after 2 beers. I think I know the answer but I'd like to know how bad it would be.

Can you drink as much as you want and go up with a CFI?

Iced decaf coffee.Dr diet Pepper caffeine free.

I like Vernors. I introduced my 16-year-old son to it a few months back and he liked it a lot too. They sell it here in Miami at my local Winn Dixie.

I was introduced to Vernors back in the 70's when the composites shop I worked at kept it in the fridge (except we didn't have the term "composites" back then).

all this talk about booze in an anti-booze thread makes me wanna drink some booze. oh wait, I already is.

Arnold Palmer, assuming you actually mix it 50/50. Places that put a drop of one and all the other kill it.

Plain water and a good Mexican Coca-Cola.

I also enjoy a morning Galley Hot Tea. Nothin beats that cheap tea filtered through a jock strap!

I can't stand coffee. My sim partner in training tried to convert me but failed.

Hot tea. Tetley or RedRose. NOT Lipton's.

Coffee? Even a room with the smell makes me get stuffed up; allergic to the stuff.

As far as tea goes, Lapsang Souchong with half and half...

In France it is permitted as long as you are under a certain BAC level. It's been a long time since I flew there so I don't know the specific limit. It's common to see pilots there having a glass of wine with lunch.

Back