THE absolute stupidest airplane movie

Silvaire

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Silvaire
It's on Netflix and it's called "Flight World War II" It is, by and far the stupidest movie based on an airplane that I have ever seen right down to the stupidly good looking flight attendant that is thankfully in about seven out of ten scenes.

The story is pretty simple, a London bound 757 goes though a storm and of course goes back in time ending up over WWII Europe. Now, why someone who knows absolutely nothing about 757's would choose to produce a movie that takes place entirely onboard one is beyond me but the result is nothing short of hilarious.

They must have at least had fun making it.

Did you see "Flight" a few years ago with Denzel Washington? Don't tell me that it is worse than that.

Oh way, way, way stupider than any of those. This is on a whole new level. Call your buddies over, ice up a case of beer and play Mystery Science Theater. This movie is bound to be a classic.

Oh way, way, way stupider than any of those. This is on a whole new level. Call your buddies over, ice up a case of beer and play Mystery Science Theater. This movie is bound to be a classic.

MST 3000.... I love it.!! Old stupid movies are the best, this sounds like a must see for me then...:lol:

Final Countdown???

While obviously a sic-fi theme, I thought Final Countdown was a pretty well done and accurate depiction of life in the Navy. Considering the fantasy story line, I thought they did a great job of pulling it together.

My nose-wheel feels mushy.

Just watched the trailer... can't wait to see this!

Ah, I see its from The Asylum. The same people that brought you Sharktopus, Sharktopus vs Pteracuda, and Pirahnaconda.

Sounds like a Saturday night film on Syfy. Final Countdown as the first time anyone filmed much of anything on an aircraft carrier. Must have really helped recruitment, because all sorts of media things were filmed on carriers after that. It really wan't all the good except for the carrier, which was the star of the show.

The movie in the OP sounds inspired by a Twilight Zone episode: "The Odyssey of Flight 33".

Available on Hulu. Or YouTube, but those copies look pretty bad.

There's another really bad one I saw on showtime recently called "Altitude". Elevator gets stuck somehow and they can't get the plane to stop climbing. At one point they open the door and a kids climbs out of the plane to try to fix the elevator. Sheesh.

The movie in the OP sounds inspired by a Twilight Zone episode: "The Odyssey of Flight 33".

Available on Hulu. Or YouTube, but those copies look pretty bad.

I thought the same thing.

Also, I did notice that the Captain was the same actor that played a Captain in the Star Trek remake a few years ago, Captain Robau of the Starship Kelvin.

The basic story is a not so subtle "Final Countdown " ripoff right down to the storm that "isn't like anything anyone has ever seen" (wanna bet?) The stupidity I believe is completely intentional. When the Captain says "but time travel is impossible" you can't help but think "yea, and so is crawling through the bullet riddled belly of a Boeing 757 in mid flight so you can kick the jammed nose gear loose with your Berkshires".

"Top Gun". Worst movie ever.

Ah, I see its from The Asylum. The same people that brought you Sharktopus, Sharktopus vs Pteracuda, and Pirahnaconda.

Add in this new WWII epic and I believe we have our nominees for the best pic Oscar this year. :rofl:

Of course, once again the academy will find some snooze-fest to honor. sheesh.

The 757 pilot should have used his massive wing tip vortices to cause the Germans to crash. Now that would have added some realism.... or not.

The big question is whether there is any full frontal nudity in it? That might draw some audience and distract from the pathetic graphics and cheesy dialogue.

Reminds me of another completely different movie that has to be the worst ever,

From when I was a kid- https://youtu.be/ZEr1r9MnsmM

Mystery Science Theater is friggin' awesome! Is it still on? What a great way to watch movies like The Blob or The Day the Earth Stood Still.

The big question is whether there is any full frontal nudity in it? That might draw some audience and distract from the pathetic graphics and cheesy dialogue.

Reminds me of another completely different movie that has to be the worst ever,

From when I was a kid- https://youtu.be/ZEr1r9MnsmM

Yeah, but you liked it when you were a kid didn't you? Now, not so much...

Worst aviation movie. The fact that it had some cool planes in it saved it. :D

An attractive woman could have saved it too. When Kelly McGillis showed up, I thought WTF? She was ugly even back then. I wonder of Cruise got combat pay for having to do a love scene with her.

Mystery Science Theater is friggin' awesome! Is it still on? What a great way to watch movies like The Blob or The Day the Earth Stood Still.

If I remember the final episode correctly - the Satellite of Love returns to earth. Mike, Crow and Tom Servo are living in an apartment, apparently unemployed, while Gypsy has a job supporting all of them. Mike and the robots sit down on the couch, turn on TV, and find an old movie to watch. The End.

The story is pretty simple, a London bound 757 goes though a storm and of course goes back in time ending up over WWII Europe.

A 757?

Why did they choose an old model that hasn't been built in 10 years? Was it cheaper for the producer to rent an old clunker?

One of the very worst was " hellcats of the navy" starring Ronnie and Nancy Reagan. ( Ronnie got a deferment, stayed in Hollywood during WW2.)

Back