The 182 is done.

Where are the GPS antennas? Still needs PMA8000G, two Garmin G5s, GTN650, GTX345, GFC500 with auto trim, leather wrapped Cygnet yokes, and a CGR-30P engine monitor. Some new LED lighting would hurt either.

Nice looking plane. Somebody gets to have some fun breaking that motor in. With that motor and prop they'll need a smooth day because that plane's going to high power cruise well into the yellow arc. I'd think that plane will see the 185 mph range with the balls to the wall.

Where are the GPS antennas? Still needs PMA8000G, two Garmin G5s, GTN650, GTX345, GFC500 with auto trim, leather wrapped Cygnet yokes, and a CGR-30P engine monitor. Some new LED lighting would hurt either.
It has an engine monitor now, but I doubt it gats anything more for a while.

It has an engine monitor now, but I doubt it gats anything more for a while.

Slightly off topic, how big of a PITA are the seat tracks? I really would like the pilot seat to track aft another three inches in Dad's 182L. It looks like a guy can buy the blank extrusions reasonably cheap and mill it custom. Basically I would cut the blank identical to the PMA one but move the cutout in the top of the "T" aft and the aft seat stop aft.

A possible side affect may be that the aft bench seat might have to be loose to R&R the pilot chair.

Slightly off topic, how big of a PITA are the seat tracks? I really would like the pilot seat to track aft another three inches in Dad's 182L. It looks like a guy can buy the blank extrusions reasonably cheap and mill it custom. Basically I would cut the blank identical to the PMA one but move the cutout in the top of the "T" aft and the aft seat stop aft.
What I do, buy an aluminum strap 4 feet long 3" wide, 1/4" thick, to use as a templet, Sand off the rivet heads from the old tracks, punch out the rivets, remove the track, then clamp it to the templet strap. with a drill press squared up, drill 2 holes thru the rivet holes in the old track into the templet. then cleco the old track to the templet and continue to duplicate all holes to size in the templet.
Then remove the old track from the templet, and clamp the new track to the templet, and from the back side, back drill all holes in the new track.
That track will fit the hole pattern in the floor perfectly.
all you would have to do is move the new track back 2" on the templet. which will cause the new track to fit 2" aft of the OEM track, this will cause problems because of the structure below the floor at the back 2 holes in the track. pull the floor access panels and look. there is major gear box structure where this will place the back 2 holes of the new track.

My advice, move the seat stops back rather than trying to do a mod.

Like the paint job. Shes gonna be a quick 182. Jealous!!!

Tom, coach your owner not to baby it. 520s like to be run at 24/2400 or higher. That includes 0-520s. I know IO-520 guys that favor 25/2500. Zoom zoom!

giphy.gif

Back